Who thinks there will be some "booing" this weekend at home?

If people are going to boo at the game I really hope they just don't go. They are kids playing a game they love and want to excel at and deserve better than having a grown adult boo him. Boo a professional team, not a group of kids!!

You probably can't guess how much it costs me for tickets between the 40-50 yard line...if they play & coach like sh*t, I'm booing.

money can't buy class

• Fire 2

I'm sure when Alex Lewis is announced there will be some boo birds

Even though I feel that his actions have been despicable the last couple of weeks, I won't boo him and feel anyone who does is a loser for booing a college kid. That being said, I'm certainly not going to cheer when he's announced on the screen.

Yeah something tells me we beat Wisconsin this weekend. As bad as everything is right now. I don't think its enough to change our current situation, but i don't think any team in the country needs a win this weekend more than the Huskers

Dude...we ain't beating Wisconsin.

Nice edit.

If people are going to boo at the game I really hope they just don't go. They are kids playing a game they love and want to excel at and deserve better than having a grown adult boo him. Boo a professional team, not a group of kids!!

You probably can't guess how much it costs me for tickets between the 40-50 yard line...if they play & coach like sh*t, I'm booing.

Certainly your right to do so. Just know that there is an anonymous Husker fan in Minnesota that will hate you for it.

• Fire 1

money can't buy class

Simply pointing out that the backbone of this program (the fans) invest a ton of capital into this program every single year...without fail. With our investment comes expectations with regards to EFFORT and FOCUS from both the coaches and players...if we don't see these two simple yet critical attributes on Saturday (considering what we've been through these first five games), many of us will likely "boo"

Again, I would much rather cheer...but my enthusiasm doesn't keep coming unconditionally.

BTW, I never booed Callahan or Pelini coached teams...not once. But this sh*t-show we have right now is horrid and it doesn't look like this staff has what it takes to turn things around - only a blind fool will deny this.

money can't buy class

Simply pointing out that the backbone of this program (the fans) invest a ton of capital into this program every single year...without fail. With our investment comes expectations with regards to EFFORT and FOCUS from both the coaches and players...if we don't see these two simple yet critical attributes on Saturday (considering what we've been through these first five games), many of us will likely "boo"

Again, I would much rather cheer...but my enthusiasm doesn't keep coming unconditionally.

Commando is simply pointing out money can't buy class.

If you boo the team, you are a douchebag and you can go f#*k yourself like StPaul stated earlier.

I don't give a f#*k how much you pay for your tickets, how good your seats, or how important you would like us all to believe you are. Boo the team and you're just a low class douchebag. Pretty simple.

Based on your posting history, I expect you will be booing.....if you even go to the games.

If you boo the team, you are a douchebag and you can go f#*k yourself like StPaul stated earlier.

I don't give a f#*k how much you pay for your tickets, how good your seats, or how important you would like us all to believe you are. Boo the team and you're just a low class douchebag. Pretty simple.

Based on your posting history, I expect you will be booing.....if you even go to the games.

:leghump:

I hate to bring up the past, since we should move beyond that, especially when speaking of a reminder of 408.

But even after that performance last year to Wisconsin and hosting Minnesota, I don't remember a lot of Boos. Even after the game... Maybe I was protected in my little shell crying on the inside, but it wasn't even close to what you guys might be thinking.

I won't be booing. The only time I boo is at the refs. Blown calls deserve some boos, especially when you don't call unnecessary roughness on an obvious incomplete pass. I don't boo players or coaches. It'd take a player or coach to literally flip us all off or mooning all of us for me to boo (and maybe that might happen with Lewis... JK! hopefully).

• Fire 1

I hope not but I do think this cold be the week where we start hearing some boo's from Husker fans against the team.

Frankly, after attending almost every home game from 1972 through 2012, there were only a couple of times when I heard any meaningful boos of the team. Now I heard many boos for various coaches, refs, opposing teams, TV people, politicians, etc. But almost NEVER a team. The times were when it was clear the team had quit trying - in blow out losses (Callahan, Frank, Bo). The biggest boos I remember ever hearing in an Osborne coached game were following the 2nd quarter TD drive by back up QB Frankie London who came in after the first quarter of action of Scott Frost the game following the disasterous first start for Frost in 1996 in Arizona when he played so poorly and we lost for the first time in a couple years! Most fans knew - it was obvious as everyone knew how Osborne thought - that Tom had pulled Frankie London when he did TOO WELL in leading the team right down the field for a TD. Frost had played so poorly for his first 5 quarters of playing and London came in a fired up the team and crowd. We scored in about 5 plays, Frankie was overjoyed and so were the fans. Tom immediately put Frost back in to prevent Frankie from looking too good as Tom knew it would create a backlash and a "QB controversy" as fans always pull for the back up to get a chance and Frost (now already nicknamed "Frosty the throw man" for seemingly throwing the Arizona game (many speculated he had gambled on the game.).

To your point, I don't see any possible way of booing 'the team' but perhaps some boos for Eichhorst, Riley, and even perhaps Alex Lewis as he is not making any new fans I am certain. The team itself does NOT get booed in the stadium that I have ever seen unless it is clear it has quit trying. About twice.