Who thinks there will be some "booing" this weekend at home?

I hope not but I do think this cold be the week where we start hearing some boo's from Husker fans against the team.

Frankly, after attending almost every home game from 1972 through 2012, there were only a couple of times when I heard any meaningful boos of the team. Now I heard many boos for various coaches, refs, opposing teams, TV people, politicians, etc. But almost NEVER a team. The times were when it was clear the team had quit trying - in blow out losses (Callahan, Frank, Bo). The biggest boos I remember ever hearing in an Osborne coached game were following the 2nd quarter TD drive by back up QB Frankie London who came in after the first quarter of action of Scott Frost the game following the disasterous first start for Frost in 1996 in Arizona when he played so poorly and we lost for the first time in a couple years! Most fans knew - it was obvious as everyone knew how Osborne thought - that Tom had pulled Frankie London when he did TOO WELL in leading the team right down the field for a TD. Frost had played so poorly for his first 5 quarters of playing and London came in a fired up the team and crowd. We scored in about 5 plays, Frankie was overjoyed and so were the fans. Tom immediately put Frost back in to prevent Frankie from looking too good as Tom knew it would create a backlash and a "QB controversy" as fans always pull for the back up to get a chance and Frost (now already nicknamed "Frosty the throw man" for seemingly throwing the Arizona game (many speculated he had gambled on the game.).

To your point, I don't see any possible way of booing 'the team' but perhaps some boos for Eichhorst, Riley, and even perhaps Alex Lewis as he is not making any new fans I am certain. The team itself does NOT get booed in the stadium that I have ever seen unless it is clear it has quit trying. About twice.

Oops. I see I omitted a key part of my statement: the point of booing in the Frankie London situation was they were clearly booing Tom Osborne. Although Tom knew it, he did try to turn it back on the fans, amazingly, by accusing the fans of booing the team. The boos were directed only at Tom (a few at Scott Frost as well but mostly Tom). This was the only time I ever felt like booing anyone or anything Husker. There were 76,000 (capacity at the time( who were very angry at Tom. Frankie was doing well and it was grossly unfair to yank him because he was doing TOO WELL!. Tom didn't want anyone to every second guess his judgement on players or who was or was not starting! It was a golden rule of Tom's throughout his tenure.

I don't think we'll hear much unless they just lay an egg and get blown out. I think the game will be close, which probably isn't good news for us given what we've seen the first 5 games.

Plus I don't think there's a lot of fans that dislike Riley or have vitriol towards this team. They've played hard this year but dumb.

This is a big game for Riley. Lose this one and I don't think we'll go bowling. Win and the fans cool down for a little while. Beating Wisconsin, even in a down year for both teams, would be satisfying.

If they come out and on the first play from scrimmage TA launches a pass 40 yards down the field and overthrows his receiver by 5 yards you will here some booing.

honestly I could see the coaches doing that just to troll us.

That would be so callahanesque.

I don't have a problem booing millionaire coaches or administration, but booing college students is low class.

If they come out and on the first play from scrimmage TA launches a pass 40 yards down the field and overthrows his receiver by 5 yards you will here some booing.

I don't have a problem booing millionaire coaches or administration, but booing college students is low class.

How do you propose the players distinguish between the two?

How do you propose the players distinguish between the two?

That's the problem.

Okay, other than a few little posts and things I've been pretty quiet around here but enough is enough. I don't care who you are, how much you paid for your tickets or how long you've been a fan: you do NOT have the right to boo the team. It is low class and an embarassment to the rest of the fan base. Some of you make it sound like when you purchased your tickets, you believe that you also purchased the right to publicly bully the kids. You'd best read that fine print again because that's not included in the ticket. It's not included in decent moral adult human behavior. If you don't like what's going on with the team or on the field** then don't buy those tickets. Don't come to the game. THAT'S how you express your displeasure to the University.

**Other than extremely bad calls by the refs. We have no particular allegiance to them. However, I will say, I have known some refs and they were darn fine people and they took a lot of crap from know-it-alls and rabid fans.

Get a grip, folks!

• Fire 2

Okay, other than a few little posts and things I've been pretty quiet around here but enough is enough. I don't care who you are, how much you paid for your tickets or how long you've been a fan: you do NOT have the right to boo the team. It is low class and an embarassment to the rest of the fan base. Some of you make it sound like when you purchased your tickets, you believe that you also purchased the right to publicly bully the kids. You'd best read that fine print again because that's not included in the ticket. It's not included in decent moral adult human behavior. If you don't like what's going on with the team or on the field** then don't buy those tickets. Don't come to the game. THAT'S how you express your displeasure to the University.

**Other than extremely bad calls by the refs. We have no particular allegiance to them. However, I will say, I have known some refs and they were darn fine people and they took a lot of crap from know-it-alls and rabid fans.

Get a grip, folks!

Nope, booing isn't bullying...not even close. I'm staying home on Saturday and my family's seats will be empty, so I guess I'll just boo at the tv.

At this point in time, the Program looks weaker than ever before...what a shame...we could have hired so many higher skilled coaches back in January (unless the big bucks really aren't there anymore - information that none of us would be privy to)

Sorry 1Huskermom, you actually do HAVE the right.

But it makes you look like a tool, imo.

You're right, of course, 74Hunter. Just got a little hot under the collar and spewed out a rant of my own. I'm just so sick of it today. It's everywhere: facebook, Twitter, here, of course. I kind of wish I could go back to the days before the internet when I really thought that Husker fans all followed the same code and similar mind-set. Delusional, I know..... Anyway,I let the trolls get to me. I'm gonna go for a walk and come back later.

• Fire 1