2015-16 Season Notes

Very serious question - do we throw games to try and get ourselves into #11 or 12? One more game to play, but I think it sets the bracket much more favorably with teams we've either beaten or played close and should have beaten. I guess there's also a strong chance Purdue jumps higher than 8th and this isn't an issue, butttttt... don't want to be near the #1 seed. We struggle with Indiana, and it looks like they'll retain that seed.

Here is the conference tournament win/loss generator to run through the scenarios as it gets closer. Odd to say, but the two games we have against Penn State are probably the most important to ensure we stay out of the bottom 4 play-in day.

I think the two to avoid is Purdue and Michigan (I'd prefer to play Maryland over Michigan - they just always shoot well against us)

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

Bump - this is fun to play around with.

Very serious question - do we throw games to try and get ourselves into #11 or 12? One more game to play, but I think it sets the bracket much more favorably with teams we've either beaten or played close and should have beaten. I guess there's also a strong chance Purdue jumps higher than 8th and this isn't an issue, butttttt... don't want to be near the #1 seed. We struggle with Indiana, and it looks like they'll retain that seed.

No.

I think you expected that answer. You have to win an extra game and are playing teams who might be fighting to make the NCAA Tournament.

At this point, I would rather play Indiana than Wisconsin.

Not a fan of the Purdue matchup but i dont think that one stays that way.

Considering we lost earlier in the season to Purdue and Northwestern - when we had a fully healthy lineup - the only game we really have to "throw" would be Penn State. We'd have to shoot out of our minds to beat Purdue and we'd have to play pretty well to beat Northwestern.

Really the only thing we could benefit from is getting clear down to the #12 seed or wherever we need to be to see Michigan State in the second game as we compete well with them for whatever reason. But Illinois would have to win three of their last four for us to be able to drop that far and I don't see that happening.

Just using the base predictions from the link you bumped put us at the #11 seed vs. Rutgers with Wisconsin waiting and MSU after that. That has us losing our last three which isn't far-fetched. That's really about as good as we can hope for as far as how the tournament could set up for us. If we beat Penn State we could be the #10 seed vs. Ohio State.

Just getting our first post-season win in three years would be a nice. Somehow.

No we don't, however the path from the 12th seed looks nice. We have owned MSU and Ohio St is beatable. Not so excited about the 11th seed.