Was Bo just lucky last year?

So Bo couldn't coach, but he managed to somehow win at least 9 games a year....Ok, i can agree with that.

But what does that say for a guy like Riley who has 40+ years of coaching experience to come into Nebraska, and by the grace of God hopefully muster up 6-7 wins just to crawl to a bowl game?

Self proclaimed? What in the world is going on. I don't think anyone rooted against him. Many didn't like him and thought he sucked as a coach. Thought he should get released by end of year. But still rooted for Huskers to win every Saturday. I don't get you 74Hunter. So much sour and bitterness in every thread year after year. Must have been born in Missouri or Kansas and later moved to Nebraska.

Give it a rest for once and try to say something good about Nebraska football if it's even possible.

Your ability to distinguish emotions is flawed. Not sour or bitter. I gave up on that with Callahan 1.0.

It's called disappointment. Maybe even a hint of sadness. What was once great is now.....meh. I apologize if I'm disappointed that our program is now a laughing stock, but I'm not going to lower my expectations.

Oh, and I'm born and raised in Omaha. Living here now.

Strike 3.

I am not sure I would say Bo was lucky, but I do think you are correct in that the ship was already sinking, with NU finishing the 2014 season with a 1-3 record. We have now started the 2015 season with a 2-3 record. Pelini ended his tenure poorly, and Riley has started off poorly. We are 5 games in though to Riley's tenure, and need to let the full season play out to see if there is any improvement along the way. If there are still terrible coaching decisions like we saw against Illinois, he's not going to have many fans by the end of the year.

This week has proven to me:

1) Losses hurt

2) We need to stop with the "Best Fans in College Football" crap. We are not. In fact, I think we have sucked since that started. Take it down!

3) I liked Bo but he got old due to losses. I like Riley, but the losses are starting to create concerns.

4) I can't read message boards for a good couple days after a loss. The people making big ridiculous claims here people are simply doing so for reaction. Don't reply to them, don't acknowledge them, and they will stop. They are the Internet equivalent of a three year old temper tantrum.

So the current groupthought is that Bo used up all the luck in Nebraska's cupboard and didn't leave any luck for Riley and his staff to use this year, hence the win / loss disparity so far?

Okay, we'll go with that one for now...Dang that ol' 408 for stealing all of our luck! :steam

Scheduling played a part in Bo's record. Mcneese St, South Dakota, ETC. Miami last year was his first real non-con opponent, and it was at home.

I'm no Bo defender, but can't we at least be honest when criticizing the guy? There's plenty to go after without fabricating things. He had home and away series with power 5 opponents that were better than the 2014 Miami squad (6-7) each of his years here: 2008/9 - Viriginia Tech (10-4, 10-3), 2010/11 Washington (7-6, 7-6), 2012/13 UCLA (8-5,10-3).

• Fire 2

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

What about overall? This is not Riley's first year as a HC

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

It is here and that's what matters

Lets be realistic MR coaching at Oregon State would be equal to Bo coaching at Purdue. How do you think Bo's record would be if his tenure was at Purdue compared to NU

It is here and that's what matters

Yeah...and here he is under .500 which is even worse than his career record.

Lets be realistic MR coaching at Oregon State would be equal to Bo coaching at Purdue. How do you think Bo's record would be if his tenure was at Purdue compared to NU

The same as Riley's