I'm giving Mike Riley 4years before drawing any conclusions!

chainsaw

I believe that currently 25% of the starters on offense and defense are walkons. Glad the walkon program is keeping players on the field, but 408 really crapped the bed when it came to recruiting. Riley has a great bunch of top players in to visit this weekend, it is a huge start to rebuild the program so we can be competitive again.

We were competitive. Last year and the years prior. We are not now. Just so you know.

Not competitive??? Where ya been bro? We lost 3 games by a total of 9 points. Under 408, we routinely lost games by 30-40 points. A little more competitive this year don't ya think?

We lost those games by 30-40 to Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State.

We lost 3 games by a total of 9 points to Illinois, Miami, and BYU.

That's a big difference.

Tomorrow is a chance to show if we can hang with Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

I believe that currently 25% of the starters on offense and defense are walkons. Glad the walkon program is keeping players on the field, but 408 really crapped the bed when it came to recruiting. Riley has a great bunch of top players in to visit this weekend, it is a huge start to rebuild the program so we can be competitive again.

We were competitive. Last year and the years prior. We are not now. Just so you know.

Not competitive??? Where ya been bro? We lost 3 games by a total of 9 points. Under 408, we routinely lost games by 30-40 points. A little more competitive this year don't ya think?
Last year we lost three games by a combined 12 points.

We lost all of our games by last year by 34 points, Didn't think you were a cherry picker but guess I was wrong.

2014 - 34 points

2013 - 63 points

2012 - 84 points

2011 - 69 points

We lost all of our games by last year by 34 points, Didn't think you were a cherry picker but guess I was wrong.

2014 - 34 points

2013 - 63 points

2012 - 84 points

2011 - 69 points

So speaking of cherry-picking, how often have we lost by 30-40 points over the last several years?

2014 - 34 points

2013 - 63 points

2012 - 84 points

2011 - 69 points

So speaking of cherry-picking, how often have we lost by 30-40 points over the last several years?

to often for husker fans! A current average of 3 points vs an overall average of 408 coached teams of 15.6 pts. That's an average of a +2td loss per game over the last 4 years. Don't even bring Riley into that discussion! But hey, lets let the season play out and see where we are at.

In Bo's defense. The teams he lost so badly to were a LOT better than the 3 teams Riley has lost to. On the other hand, I was supremely impressed the team came back against Miami. They would never have done that for Bo.

I say give Riley to the end of next year. If the trajectory is not up, then get rid of him. I frankly doubt it will be but I would love to be surprised.

In Bo's defense. The teams he lost so badly to were a LOT better than the 3 teams Riley has lost to. On the other hand, I was supremely impressed the team came back against Miami. They would never have done that for Bo.

Again, please quit with this false narrative. All of the comebacks disagree.

I say give Riley to the end of next year. If the trajectory is not up, then get rid of him. I frankly doubt it will be but I would love to be surprised.

Can't disagree

He held Illinois 100+ yards under the season average for passing yards.....

I'm sure the hurricane type winds around whole country didn't have anything to do with that. There were 35mph swirling winds, look at Tommies numbers last week. Don't look to much into stats, Banker's still garbage more likely than not.

Then we need to make sure that EVERY passing defense didn't play in bad weather games, right?