Sunshine Kool-Aid Drinkers, Thanks for Helping Kill This Program

yes, fire a coach less than a year after firing a 9 win coach. naia division 2 position coaches will be beating down the door for a paycheck. because no one would come near nebraska if that happened.

I don't believe that for a second. Anyone who bothers to do a little homework knows that "9 win coach" was fired for good reasons.

Then you haven't been paying attention to college football for the past 30 years if you think this way. :-|

We can get a quality coach at DoNU at the end of the season if we open the wallet. Riley was a dime-store hire, and we're getting dime-store results. And opening the wallet doesn't mean throwing 10m a year at a coach (like Texass wants to do with Saban), but it does mean we may have to pay a quality coach $4-5m a year.

Money is not an obstacle, says the AD.

Then, he saves money by getting the dime store hire.

Players will come for the right coach. They won't come for a guy who isn't going to have success.

This. You are a kid with a D 1 schollie offer or potential. Who would you want to play for? A guy who has won at every level or a guy who is average at best........

Not if the fans stop showing up and it becomes blatantly obvious the AD is having to fudge the sellout streak.

Not if the fans start lambasting Eichorst, et al, publicly in the media.

Not if the fans stop buying merchandise and vote with their wallets.

Not if the fans stop buying tickets to the games and don't attend.

Vote with your feet and wallets. Make it a point to lambaste the coaching staff and the AD for employing them when it's painfully obvious they're not able to do the job they were hired for.

There is no excuse for dropping the BYU, Wisky, or Illinois games. None. And anyone pumping sunshine and saying the staff needs time makes it THAT much harder for DoNU to come back and recover after folks finally wise up and jettison Riley and his staff. Hires like Harbaugh make it painfully obvious that quality coaching *DOES* matter, and it is available. We just need competent leadership to go out and get it. ye

yes, fire a coach less than a year after firing a 9 win coach. naia division 2 position coaches will be beating down the door for a paycheck. because no one would come near nebraska if that happened.

Then you haven't been paying attention to college football for the past 30 years if you think this way. :-|

We can get a quality coach at DoNU at the end of the season if we open the wallet. Riley was a dime-store hire, and we're getting dime-store results. And opening the wallet doesn't mean throwing 10m a year at a coach (like Texass wants to do with Saban), but it does mean we may have to pay a quality coach $4-5m a year.

And considering that Nebraska's mediocrity will have a significantly negative impact on merchandise sales and brand value, it's honestly shocking that our leadership didn't make a quality hire last time around.

Nailed it.

• Fire 1

Not if the fans stop showing up and it becomes blatantly obvious the AD is having to fudge the sellout streak.

Vote with your feet and wallets. Make it a point to lambaste the coaching staff and the AD for employing them when it's painfully obvious they're not able to do the job they were hired for.

There is no excuse for dropping the BYU, Wisky, or Illinois games. None. And anyone pumping sunshine and saying the staff needs time makes it THAT much harder for DoNU to come back and recover after folks finally wise up and jettison Riley and his staff. Hires like Harbaugh make it painfully obvious that quality coaching *DOES* matter, and it is available. We just need competent leadership to go out and get it. ye

And considering that Nebraska's mediocrity will have a significantly negative impact on merchandise sales and brand value, it's honestly shocking that our leadership didn't make a quality hire last time around.

-----

And folks need to start lighting Eichorst's office up. We may need to use Miami-level theatrics to get our point across...hire a plane and banner to fire Riley, get national media attention. But something needs to be done, and the fans need to start speaking up and not accepting this s***show.

Going about it wrong... yelling at Eichorst is futile. You want to make real noise? Light up the company emails of the Boosters and sponsors. When the stink gets high enough to bother the Booster Illuminati, you will get some action. Got to go for the big boys, Daub, Kiewit, Sokol, etc,,, til then, we sit and spin. :ahhhhhhhh

Don't interrupt the poster's pity party. He's been on a roll since the first quarter.

-----

and yet the crowd sounded as loud as I've ever heard them.

Hmmmm..........it's too bad not everybody is buying into your bullsh#t, or your story would be a lot easier to tell huh?

That's funny, I'm not selling b******t. If you can't handle honesty and have to use ad hominem attacks because you have nothing to bring to the table, then I'm sure there's an echochamber you can go bury yourself in to convince yourself you're right.

• Fire 2

Funny-Cat-Images-24-GIFs-coolfeed.co-23.

You must be so proud that the Huskers are now a laughing stock.

So embarrassing.

But hey, he doesn't make funny faces.

Oh no, I can assure you. You are far happier that this coach is losing close games than I will ever be.

You and your type on this board have been praying for it. You're comment about "funny faces" says where your focus is. You're still hanging from the low hanging nuts of Bo Pelini.

Proof? I thought so.

I let go of the former staff, unlike some who let them live rent free in their heads.

Times like this, though, I'd take the former staff of GAs and high school coachs over this group of "professionals."

-----

Hmmmm..........it's too bad not everybody is buying into your bullsh#t, or your story would be a lot easier to tell huh?

That's funny, I'm not selling b******t. If you can't handle honesty and have to use ad hominem attacks because you have nothing to bring to the table, then I'm sure there's an echochamber you can go bury yourself in to convince yourself you're right.

Honesty?

How does Nebraska do in fan support and merchandise sales?

Be honest.

Haha.

Talking about what you wish would happen, or what you think might happen has nothing to do with reality. Reality is reality, and you're out of touch with it because your boy got canned. Why you're not on a Penguin board still stroking his ego is beyond me.

Funny-Cat-Images-24-GIFs-coolfeed.co-23.

You must be so proud that the Huskers are now a laughing stock.

So embarrassing.

But hey, he doesn't make funny faces.

Oh no, I can assure you. You are far happier that this coach is losing close games than I will ever be.

You and your type on this board have been praying for it. You're comment about "funny faces" says where your focus is. You're still hanging from the low hanging nuts of Bo Pelini.

Proof? I thought so.

I let go of the former staff, unlike some who let them live rent free in their heads.

Times like this, though, I'd take the former staff of GAs and high school coachs over this group of "professionals."

Proof? well aside from nearly every comment you make here let me ask you this.

In one word, who was your "funny faces" comment referencing.

1 word answer, to that question, that's the challenge before you.

-----

Dude, if this is that serious to you sober up, get a life, get a job, go to rehab, or GET SOME EMOTIONAL HELP ASAP.

I predict your head is going to hurt tomorrow