Sunshine Kool-Aid Drinkers, Thanks for Helping Kill This Program

As a sunshine pumper myself I disagree with the op on my killing the program. I will never stop having total belief that we can win each and every game. I will support the players. However, don't confuse that with not holding people accountable. That includes the administration the coaches the players AND THE FANS.

I don't agree with some of the play calling. But if you are going to bitch about some plays then don't discount others. The Jan play call was fantastic. Not just because it worked but because it caught them off guard.

My main complaint is about the lack of rotating, especially along the line. Our O-line was exhausted in the 4th, right when we should have been shoving wisky down the field. I get the lack of help on the O-line due to injury but where the underclassmen? Are they really that bad that they could not spell for a play or 2 each series?

If the trollers (if you can call me a pumper then turn about is fair play) I sit on a sacrifice then I vote Banker. His defense obviously doesn't work. It didn't work at OSU and it isn't working g here. We have just traded a porous d - line for a porous d - backfield. Eichorst needs to force MR to get rid of his friend.

anyone think this would be a 2-4 team under Harbaugh?............i seriously doubt it......we got a .500 coach working his last 4 years before retirement, that's all we got....he won't build anything before he leaves.

If Urban Meyer were here......if Nick Saban were here...if Les Miles were here....if Chip Kelly were here....if the Bob Father came back from the dead and were here....all of those have about the same chance of happening as having Harbaugh here. I don't see where all this "Harbaugh would have been our savior" nonsense comes from. There would be zero reason for him to come here...even if that zero and many more were behind a $ sign and some random number. Riley is surely not getting it done, but all this "If we had Harbaugh" chatter is equally as maddening as the disarray of the program.

As a sunshine pumper myself I disagree with the op on my killing the program. I will never stop having total belief that we can win each and every game. I will support the players. However, don't confuse that with not holding people accountable. That includes the administration the coaches the players AND THE FANS.

I don't agree with some of the play calling. But if you are going to bitch about some plays then don't discount others. The Jan play call was fantastic. Not just because it worked but because it caught them off guard.

My main complaint is about the lack of rotating, especially along the line. Our O-line was exhausted in the 4th, right when we should have been shoving wisky down the field. I get the lack of help on the O-line due to injury but where the underclassmen? Are they really that bad that they could not spell for a play or 2 each series?

If the trollers (if you can call me a pumper then turn about is fair play) I sit on a sacrifice then I vote Banker. His defense obviously doesn't work. It didn't work at OSU and it isn't working g here. We have just traded a porous d - line for a porous d - backfield. Eichorst needs to force MR to get rid of his friend.

anyone think this would be a 2-4 team under Harbaugh?............i seriously doubt it......we got a .500 coach working his last 4 years before retirement, that's all we got....he won't build anything before he leaves.

and after he leaves in 4 years, we have to rebuild again.

Don't see why it would be so awful to fire Riley after 1 year. Admit the bad hire and move on before getting too deep into his system that it will take a full rebuild once he is out.

People fire back and say how bad it would look for Nebraska to fire a coach after 1 year. Or they don't want Nebraska to be "that" school, who is a swinging door at head coaches.

Well folks, Nebraska IS that school. Our recent track record has us firing 2 9 win coaches over the last 15 years.

• Fire 1

Listenting to Braden of Athlon Sports on recruiting. The statement was that Harbaugh inherited unlimited talent compared to Nebraska. Top ten classes compared to 30th level classes. Easier to work with, plus their defense was damned good last year, were his statements.

Really don't know, but still think everyone is jumping off the bandwagon to quickly. We have been so close, yet so far away it seems.

As to those screaming for another QB, that has been harped on since Callahan was here. We have not recruited well at that spot, and I honestly don't think we have anyone that is close to Tommy at this point.

Plus this team is still suffering from the change and need to feel confidence in what they as a team are doing. Ripping the captain from his position is not the answer. He seems to be in a slump for sure, but many on this board wanted him starting years ago instead of Martinez. The coaches know who is ready to play that position, Bo did and so does Coach Riley. We need to calm down on this I think.

We have a game with Minney this weekend if I remember correctly, hope the kids and staff are ready for it. I know I will be.

This firing after one year talk-while not totally crazy since there seems to all a sudden be an influx of firing in the middles of seasons-is based on the assumption that this team wont improve and this season goes completely in the shitter

Heres whats weird. This team could win out and go 9-4 still. Would that shock you?

I tell you what. If you pay any attention to college football at all, it better not.

Also,

Bos first team was 5-4 after losing to oklahoma 62-28

With still kansas-who was coming off and 12-1 season and orange bowl win-kansas st and colorado left, a bowl game was still in question.

So those who say this particular instance of year one struggles is something bo didnt endure, thats bullsh#t and revisionist.

We are one play in any of 4 losses from being 3-3. Exactly the same record bo had. 4 plays from 6-0. Thats not revisionist. That is simple fact. For those who think wins and losses only matter, abd getting blown out or not doesnt.

• Fire 2

As bad as we are right now, we are not in a position to fire anyone. I think it is going to be a struggle to get to .500 but we don't have to play the best teams in the conference, It is a drag listening to national radio shows wagging their finger saying "careful what you wish for Nebraska". As if all NU fans wanted this. Not true. I imagine none of our fan base is happy. Not even the kool aid gang. There are some tight colons and short fuses from even the pumpers. Yowza. We will win a game again soon. We cannot lose them all. Truly.

Very interesting to see all the coaching upheavals mid-season. Sark fired, Spurrier leaving immediately...at least it isn't a boring year. Oh yeah and Big Blue is winning the Big 10.

So the people who root for Nebraska and hope for the best are sunshine pumpers, and they're the one's killing the program?

Are they the same sunshine pumpers who thought Bo Pelini deserved another year?

Is it sunshine pumping or common sense that a coach gets more than six games to kick the tires and make adjustments on an already flawed and injured team?

And given the razor thin margin on all six games, imagine if Mike Riley had inherited a Joe Ganz or Zac Taylor instead of a Tommy Armstrong gone rogue. Wouldn't that alone make a world of difference? A potentially 6-0 world of difference, having nothing to do with Mike Riley being nice?

• Fire 1

btw....Steve Sarkasian would have been considered a coup for Nebraska 12 months ago. Same with Mark Richt.

And last I checked, Scott Frost's team, loaded with the best talent money can buy, lost to Utah 62 - 20 at home. Then came back the next week to lose to Washington State at home.

Rumor was Eichorst had sent feelers to Brent Bielema. So apparently "nice" wasn't the only criteria.

There are maybe a half dozen no-brainer, low risk choices of college football head coaches out there with any hint of availability. Harbaugh would have done better with this Nebraska team. That's how good he is. At least until he pisses off everyone in the organization and moves on. He wasn't available.

The rest is a crap shoot, and even the best careers are pock marked with losing seasons and flaming fanbases that sound as impatient and entitled as Nebraska fans right now.

Riley deserves three seasons. It's how football works. Or not. We'll just have to see.

But if the choice is sunshine pumping or sky is falling, I gotta go with the former.

Also, Bo Pelini wasn't fired merely for not being "nice." And Frank Solich wasn't fired for reasons having to do with football. So let's get our mythology straight, gang.

• Fire 3