Sark taking a "Leave of absence"

Scratchtown

It just seems more and more that Haden has no idea what he's doing. If this was the path, why not from the outset instead of the "leave"? Heck, why was he allowed to coach the team at all after the drunk booster event? Zero penalty, not even a suspension.

Poor leadership from the USC AD. Thinking back, it goes back to the "strand Lane Kiffin at the airport" treatment." Also Haden. Not representing the Trojans very professionally.

Tough to say. Maybe he put him on LOA to go get treatment, but Sark isn't ready to own up to his problems and refused. Or maybe he needed time to evaluate legal and other options, but clearly needed him off the field ASAP. I don't really see harm in this. I agree he probably should've taken action after the booster event, but maybe it was a first time issue and Haden figured it wouldn't happen again.

Didn't Haden come down to the field last year during halftime to argue a call made by the refs?

I don't remember the full details, but I remember the story being that Haden was sending texts down to someone on the field then came down later in the game to make an ass out of himself in person.

I'm guessing Sark wasn't the first one to be informed of this proposed leave of absence. If he had agreed to step away for a while before the news broke then he probably wouldn't have been fired the next day. At any rate I can't see this guy landing on his feet anytime soon.

Didn't Haden come down to the field last year during halftime to argue a call made by the refs?

I don't remember the full details, but I remember the story being that Haden was sending texts down to someone on the field then came down later in the game to make an ass out of himself in person.

I'm guessing Sark wasn't the first one to be informed of this proposed leave of absence. If he had agreed to step away for a while before the news broke then he probably wouldn't have been fired the next day. At any rate I can't see this guy landing on his feet anytime soon.

Larry Eustache found himself in the same situation. He has since turned his life around and climbed back up the coaching ranks.

Right now, Sark's entire future is based on what he does from here on out. It can go one of two directions.

• Fire 1

Larry Eustache found himself in the same situation. He has since turned his life around and climbed back up the coaching ranks.

Right now, Sark's entire future is based on what he does from here on out. It can go one of two directions.

Yeah Sark is still a very young coach, only 41 years old. The guy is going through a divorce and was dealing with the pressure of coaching his hometown team and not having the success he was hoping for. I hope the best for him

USC fired Sark. Who do they go after now??

You think they may go after Riley this time around?

Yeah, unfortunately me neither.

You never know. I feel even if they did offer him the job he wouldn't take it. That'd be three teams within a year. I'd expect moves like that out of Todd Graham, not Riley

USC fired Sark. Who do they go after now??

You think they may go after Riley this time around?

Yeah, unfortunately me neither.

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/654037073372930048

You never know. I feel even if they did offer him the job he wouldn't take it. That'd be three teams within a year. I'd expect moves like that out of Todd Graham, not Riley

He's a better fit there than in Lincoln.

Considering they've changed coaches (at least) three times since he was supposedly offered the job and didn't seem to be a candidate any of those other times, kind of doubtful he would be now.