2011-2015 recruiting and where they are. Might be some of this 2-4

Every team in college football deals with attrition as well as injuries. The bottom line is that Nebraska has enough talent currently to beat every team that we've played. It's the decision making and personnel decisions that and the overall 'coaching' of this team that has been this teams true downfall. Enough with the excuses....

• Fire 1

2015:

Lavan Alston - OTT

Avery Anderson - OTT

Jalin Barnett - OTT

Mohamed Barry - OTT

Alex Davis - OTT

Carlos Davis - OTT

Khalil Davis - OTT

Michael Decker - OTT

Tyrin Ferguson - OTT

Eric Lee - OTT

Stanley Morgan - OTT

Daishon Neal - OTT

Jordan Ober - OTT

Devine Ozigbo - OTT

Antonio Reed - OTT

Matt Snyder - OTT

Jordan Stevenson - OTT

Adrienne Talan - Left the Team

Aaron Williams - OTT

Dedrick Young - OTT

This one i'm not sure about because most are redshirting I think. Any of these not qualify?

As of now, all except Talan are on the team still. Talan hasn't transferred yet I don't think. Semester probably?

I'd like to see 74Hunter's opinion on these numbers. I mean I can only imagine, and I think he's probably a pretty nice guy. Just emotionally attached to the results more than some are...rather than looking at the big picture.

I mean this is a GINORMOUS piece of the picture being painted on the season.

I'll agree, I'm probably more emotionally attached than I should be. My head tells me that it ain't that important, yet I still keep coming back. F me for caring.

Truth be told, I'm masochistic, if it weren't for pain I honestly don't know what life would be like. Sometimes you have to be tough and overcome it.

As far as recruiting, yeah, the misses of the previous staff are well known. That sucks. However the B1G network guys still said that we are the most talented team in the division.

Am I a nice guy? perhaps. Opinions vary, but I'd have a beer or 2 with about anyone.

A relevant stat would be that one someone floated around the other day about ~38%(?) of Bo's recruits no longer being with the program.

Yeah, Bo had a hell of a lot of defections. His recruiting was decent, but his ability to keep them on campus was not.

Provides an interesting counterpoint to the "I'd play for Coach Dad against a team of demons at the gates of hell" Monarch programming we heard from his Stockholm Syndrome'd players.

• Fire 2

By my count we have 71 recruited guys on the team.

38 of them are True Frosh, RSFrosh, or True Sophomores.

We're using 33 recruited players that are upperclassmen. 14 of those guys at first glance haven't even contributed on the field in a beneficial way. That leaves us with 19 guys that have played and some of those are injured or have been . Maurice, Williams, Rose, Cjax, Turner, etc...

• Fire 1

And yeah, the Illinois loss is definitely the most unforgivable. But I don't think that's necessarily indicative of decision making moving forward. They definitely learned their lesson, going ultra conservative Saturday. They got burnt again this time. Let's hope they learn to be smart AND aggressive in that situation moving forward.

If that loss had to happen, at least it was during THIS season while we transition than down the road.

Remind me what part of the Illinois loss was "unforgivable." Was it the 3rd & 7 playcall?

The fact that the game wasn't decided early in the 3rd quarter was pretty unforgivable. Same for the Southern Miss game.
  • Fire 1

But what's the average rate? Sure 38% seems like a lot but what the national average for a recruit staying for 4 or 5 years. I'm not trying to be a troll or start a fight and 38% seems like a lot but with out knowing what other teams deal with it is hard to say how much affect it really has.

General consensus is that, on average, any given recruit has about a 50/50 chance of panning out.

This is a nearly identical argument to the "too many walkons on the travel roster" argument from a few weeks ago that was thoroughly debunked once we started looking at the travel rosters of other schools.

But what's the average rate? Sure 38% seems like a lot but what the national average for a recruit staying for 4 or 5 years. I'm not trying to be a troll or start a fight and 38% seems like a lot but with out knowing what other teams deal with it is hard to say how much affect it really has.

General consensus is that, on average, any given recruit has about a 50/50 chance of panning out.

This is a nearly identical argument to the "too many walkons on the travel roster" argument from a few weeks ago that was thoroughly debunked once we started looking at the travel rosters of other schools.

Then, by all means, please post some stats that back up your claim. Obviously "general consensus"--whatever that means--would say that any given recruit has a 50/50 chance of panning out...that's just probability, he either works or he doesn't.

Now, if you can tell me the attrition rate at other programs and find that Nebraska's close to average, then you can say that this is debunked.

Then, by all means, please post some stats that back up your claim. Obviously "general consensus"--whatever that means--would say that any given recruit has a 50/50 chance of panning out...that's just probability, he either works or he doesn't.

Now, if you can tell me the attrition rate at other programs and find that Nebraska's close to average, then you can say that this is debunked.

You want me to do your work for you? Here's one link to get you started. It just deals with SEC QBs from '05-'14. Pro-style QBs had a 37.5% success rate, while dual threats came in at 18.8%.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/last-decades-elite-qb-recruits-panned/

Here's one for OU showing 40% attrition. (BTW, attrition means leaves school. The 50% figure I quoted above is a rule of thumb with the recruiting services and includes players who stay 4 years but never become starters.)

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-recruiting-transfer-attrition-problem

Now, if you want to do your own research, go to scout.com or rivals.com and look up recruiting classes for particular schools from a few years ago and then check how many of those guys are still on the current roster. If you do it, it will be a good learning experience, but I don't expect you to post the results as they will be counter to your agenda.