Regardless of what most of the armchair coaches say..

Much was made of the 3-and-out in the 4th quarter, but I think the Huskers were in a position where they had to score. Could one of those plays have been a run play? Maybe. Would it have made a huge difference? Probably not. Whether Minnesota gets the ball with 9 minutes or 11 minutes to go and down 16, the game is still wide open.

You don't win games if you turtle with 12 minutes to go to try and preserve a 2-score lead.

The next time the Huskers got the ball, it was the same thing. The Huskers could have kept it on the ground -- made Minnesota burn both their timeouts -- and given the ball back to the Gophers with still plenty of time. Instead, they went for it, it worked this time, and Westercamp's completion gave the Huskers the extra score they were trying to get on both of those drives.

• Fire 1

Is it possible to call an entire game without something the fans will complain about? I doubt it is.

I always laugh and gag at the same time when fans act like they are these perfect offensive coordinators. It's like....dude.....you should be making 500,000 calling plays. Why are you hanging out on an Internet message board?

I think Langsdorf called a damn good game! I thought the playcalling was an A-! Defensively, I have no idea why our cb's play 8 yards off, it makes me wonder if they don't trust our corners in press man to man coverage.

to be fair most langsdorf haters would agree with him doing well. husker fans over react but we are no where close to dumb like irish fans

I thought both O-coordinators called great games.

As mentioned above, the 3 passes in the 4th were concerning but overall i think the play calls were great. Tommy was not very good today. He threw behind a lot of receivers and yet we still played very well.

Lansdorf is hit or miss but did a great job of mixing run and pass today.

I also would steal a few plays from the Huskers including that KJ Maye in motion then pass him the ball. They ran that play and crushed us on it.

I thought both O-coordinators called great games.

As mentioned above, the 3 passes in the 4th were concerning but overall i think the play calls were great. Tommy was not very good today. He threw behind a lot of receivers and yet we still played very well.

Lansdorf is hit or miss but did a great job of mixing run and pass today.

I also would steal a few plays from the Huskers including that KJ Maye in motion then pass him the ball. They ran that play and crushed us on it.

Tommy was 18 of 26 passing (69%) for 261 yards and 3 TDs with 0 ints, and ran for 38 yards. His QBR was 96.8 and QB rating 191.6.

I know a couple of his passes were a little behind recievers, but he had a great day- probably his most efficient day ever. I'm not sure what you saw that made you think he didn't play well.

• Fire 1

Besides those three straight passes on that drive in the 4th quarter it was a great game by Langsdorf. People complained about the pass to Westerkamp on that one 3rd down, but I thought that was a great play call. If he called a run on that 3rd down it'd be the same situation as last week, and you'd basically be handing the ball back to Minnesota. Hope to see this run/pass balance continue

ppl bitching about that call was hilarious. Two weeks ago we threw on 3rd and 7. Everyone bitched. Last week we ran on 3rd and 7. Didnt work. Everyone bitched. This week we throw again. Converted. Ppl bitch.

Thank god its only 5% or so idiots.

This offense could be decent here if:

1) we had a decent OC

2) if they believed in the running game as something more than a compliment to slinging the rock, and

3) if the "heave it downfield and pray that your guy makes a great catch" wasn't their favorite play.

There is a reason why they are sub .500.

1) we had a decent OC

2) if they believed in the running game as something more than a compliment to slinging the rock, and

3) if the "heave it downfield and pray that your guy makes a great catch" wasn't their favorite play.

1) Langsdorf did a pretty good job today. We certainly didn't score 41 points because of our defense.

2) 26 pass attempts, 39 rush attempts.

3) I'd have to rewatch this play, but I don't think we saw the heave it down the field and hope for a miracle catch play too much this game. Maybe 3-4 times.

Can't wait until we beat NW next week so sub .500 can't be used. It's annoying and petty, just enjoy the win for a change.

• Fire 3

1) we had a decent OC

1) Langsdorf did a pretty good job today. We certainly didn't score 41 points because of our defense.

3) I'd have to rewatch this play, but I don't think we saw the heave it down the field and hope for a miracle catch play too much this game. Maybe 3-4 times.

Can't wait until we beat NW next week so sub .500 can't be used. It's annoying and petty, just enjoy the win for a change.

1) let's not forget that Minnesota sucks.

2) that's nice. But it's only one game. When it becomes a staple of this offense then we might be cooking with peanut oil. Someone may want to check the Minneapolis hospitals, Langsahan may have had a coronary from calling that many running plays.

3) Full disclosure, didn't watch the game,, went fishing as I said I would. Almost every pass play I saw on the highlights was the "heave/prayer" pass. This game, we came out on the good end unlike the past couple of weeks.

I hope we beat NW, they aren't that good. Maybe he can get back to .500.

And I agree, using numbers to refer to a coach is childish and petty.

Is it possible to call an entire game without something the fans will complain about? I doubt it is.

bad play calling appears to be the main culprit. Which there was in the fourth quarter. Even the announcers did a "hear we go again" on that drive with three straight pass plays. So yes, when there is bad play calling there will be complaints. Especially when you are 3-4. Comes with the territory.

Much was made of the 3-and-out in the 4th quarter, but I think the Huskers were in a position where they had to score. Could one of those plays have been a run play? Maybe. Would it have made a huge difference? Probably not. Whether Minnesota gets the ball with 9 minutes or 11 minutes to go and down 16, the game is still wide open.

You don't win games if you turtle with 12 minutes to go to try and preserve a 2-score lead.

The next time the Huskers got the ball, it was the same thing. The Huskers could have kept it on the ground -- made Minnesota burn both their timeouts -- and given the ball back to the Gophers with still plenty of time. Instead, they went for it, it worked this time, and Westercamp's completion gave the Huskers the extra score they were trying to get on both of those drives.

actually you do win games if you control the clock in the fourth quarter. That's a key part of the game. Right? I mean come on... Right?

1) we had a decent OC

1) let's not forget that Minnesota sucks.

2) that's nice. But it's only one game. When it becomes a staple of this offense then we might be cooking with peanut oil. Someone may want to check the Minneapolis hospitals, Langsahan may have had a coronary from calling that many running plays.

3) Full disclosure, didn't watch the game,, went fishing as I said I would. Almost every pass play I saw on the highlights was the "heave/prayer" pass. This game, we came out on the good end unlike the past couple of weeks.

I hope we beat NW, they aren't that good. Maybe he can get back to .500.

And I agree, using numbers to refer to a coach is childish and petty.

I mean, it's not like Minnesota was going out there and getting 40+ put up on them every week. This Minnesota team played TCU and held them to 24. I'd say us putting up 41 points on them is actually pretty good, despite the fact that Minnesota (apparently) sucks.

Well maybe winning using this 60/40 run/pass means we'll see this more often.

Nebraska has WRs that can make catches. A few were one-on-one coverages and with those you have to trust your guy to beat their guy and today we did.

While I have you agreeing that using numbers to refer to a coach is child and petty, can we agree that morphing a coach's name to fit a previous coach is also petty and childish?