I miss the Big 12

BoNeyard

Not digging the B1G anymore...Don't get me wrong, I hated Dan Beebe, but now that he is gone, I think the conference would have been fine. Coincidentally Texas started being bad as soon as we left too.

At the time the move to the B1G was exciting and sounded great to get out of the power control of Texas. But it doesnt seem Texas has that control anymore since Beebe left.

And it is my understanding we currently don't see much if any of the B1G money yet? And wont until 2017 or something like that? I may be wrong here.

But i dont know, miss the Big12. Feels more right to be there. Also i think the move to B1G has really hurt our recruiting, we no longer can appeal to Texas players, and we have to start our new pipelines into states already controlled by B1G powers like tOSU, Michigan, Penn State.

• Fire 1

I am personally one happy camper that we don't have to watch Trevone Boykin and TCU put up 80 on our defense

Well yes, those offenses are ridiculous right now. Baylor as well. But, I think our offense would look good against their defenses.

Maybe it is because to me college football is so much about tradition, history and rivalries, and we just haven't been in the B1G long enough to develop any of that. But I miss the nostalgic feeling of the Big 12.

I am personally one happy camper that we don't have to watch Trevone Boykin and TCU put up 80 on our defense

Well yes, those offenses are ridiculous right now. Baylor as well. But, I think our offense would look good against their defenses.

Maybe it is because to me college football is so much about tradition, history and rivalries, and we just haven't been in the B1G long enough to develop any of that. But I miss the nostalgic feeling of the Big 12.

I agree with you. I don't miss how the conference was run, but I definitely miss playing against Oklahoma, Missouri and Colorado

I don't miss the Big 12, but I desperately miss our old Big Eight teams.

I'm still holding out hope that something crazy will happen in the conference realignment world someday where we somehow return to playing some or all of those teams again.

With how good the other Texas' schools are becoming, I could see the state of Texas just reforming the SWC again.

Texas

Baylor

Texas Tech

TCU

Houston

Texas AM - surprised to leave SEC? Why not? You wont ever win that division with LSU and Alabama present. And the move to SEC has greatly improved your image and brand, come back to SWC and dominate.

Meanwhile, Nebraska and Oklahoma can work on getting the band back together.

I miss us playing hard nosed quality football, don't care what conference we are in.

Not one team we have played this year has the opposing defense been gassed in the 4th Qtr.

As much as we owned the Time of Possession in todays game against Northwestern, their defense was not gassed in the 4th Qtr.

Our offensive line is not dominating and thus, teams are not worn out by our style of play.

With the option, we would wear opponents down, at least with the hurry up spread we did wear down defenses.

But what we are now doing is never going to wear any defense down.

Advantage opposing team defense.

Huck

I don't miss the Big 12, but I desperately miss our old Big Eight teams.

I'm still holding out hope that something crazy will happen in the conference realignment world someday where we somehow return to playing some or all of those teams again.

With how good the other Texas' schools are becoming, I could see the state of Texas just reforming the SWC again.

Texas

Baylor

Texas Tech

TCU

Houston

Texas AM - surprised to leave SEC? Why not? You wont ever win that division with LSU and Alabama present. And the move to SEC has greatly improved your image and brand, come back to SWC and dominate.

Meanwhile, Nebraska and Oklahoma can work on getting the band back together.

I would be all for this.

Just go independent. Get a TV deal with someone, and schedule Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa and Colorado every year. After that, schedule who ever you want.

If I was NU and independent I would get a schedule that looked something like this...

Week 1 - Mizzou (Permanent)

Week 2 - Houston

Week 3 - Florida State or Miami

Week 4 - BYE

Week 5 - Kansas State (Permanent)

Week 6 - Tennessee

Week 7 - SMU

Week 8 - Iowa (Permanent)

Week 9 - Air Force or Navy

Week 10 - Oklahoma (Permanent)

Week 11 - Colorado State

Week 12 - Notre Dame