I miss the Big 12

BoNeyard

Look, people will want to pretend like this is not the case but it is true...

1. No one actually cares about "Big Ten Money"

2. No one actually care about "BIg Ten Stabilty"

3. 99% of Husker fans would rather be in the Big 12

....because we want to play familiar teams not teams we considered were garbage the entire time leading up to the exact second we joined the big10. Then all of a sudden it became the toughest conference ever.

Honeymoon period ended and we're starting to realize how the Big10 seriously hurts our already disadvantaged recruiting. Nebraska is in limbo, the only way to break through in recruiting is to find a coach that can DEVELOP what we get and win games. Until that happens our recruiting is going to suffer.

-----------------

BTW, we're still 10th in the conference in recruiting. Say all you want about Iowa's quantity of numbers being the reason being ahead of us but look what they have done to guys that we didn't want. Drew Ott, Cole Fisher, etc...

We need to play BIG10 ball. Not west coast BS...physical, hard nosed football, and we need a coach that preaches that football. I:E someone like David Shaw.

Throw all the damn money in the world at him and he'll turn it around.

Shaw or Tom Herman or Troy Calhoun.

Totally agree!

Also, "bad" fans were mentioned up above, I have been lucky and never ran into any.

Miss the Big 12? Try sitting in Ames and saying that. I miss playing a team that isn't ranked in the top 25 some weekend...or whose offense isn't ranked as one of the top 5 in the country...or a team who isn't undefeated. That's what I miss. Try losing to Iowa (7-0), Toledo (7-0), TCU (7-0), Texas Tech (5-2) and Baylor (7-0). The Big 12 is brutal on average teams. Well...at least we have Oklahoma and OK State to look forward to...along with Texas, K-State and West Virginia. Our season was over after the Kansas game (coincidently...so was Kansas' season). Thank the football Gods that you are where you are.

The things that made the Big 12 better for Nebraska were simple: Rivals, regional games, bragging rights, opportunity for championship level football without realignment, (Big 10 already realigned once Nebraska played for Big 10 title), Big 12 never done that.

People were overreacted to the Texas loss in the Big 12 Champ game. Agreed. Everyone knows that.

Recruiting has taken a nose dive since joining the Big 10. Nebraska spent decades , decades in Texas mending, building recruiting ties. That was lost when we moved to this Acedemic Conference, if you choose to believe that ever had a true reason for leaving.....

Could the Big 12 ever happen........I think it could if the Big 10 continues to invite in schools like Rutgers and Maryland to join, just for the "East Coast money". The best thing for Nebraska would be if the Big 12 imploded, and that could happen, and Iowa St, KSU, and KU somehow joined the Big 10. Its already been said that KU has been offered in the past for the basketball, and its widely considered that if the Big 12 would ever crap on them in some way, they would bolt, along with KSU for the Big 10 as well.

If this would happen, you would see Iowa St go as well.

Imagine this:

Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa St, KU, KSU, Wisky, Illinois, NW, Notre Dame-West

OSU, Michigan, MSU, Indiana, Purdue, Penn ST, Maryland, Rutgers-Minnesota-East

That would enhance this league, and make Nebraska better. Of course with the current admin, and coaching staff, this wouldn't matter.

Notre Dame would make this all worth while.

Each team would have 8 conference games and 3 non-cons. USC, Florida St would still be able to play Notre Dame.

Nebraska could schedule OU and Mizzou along with a tune up beginner game.

Dreaming!

• Fire 1

The things that made the Big 12 better for Nebraska were simple: Rivals, regional games, bragging rights, opportunity for championship level football without realignment, (Big 10 already realigned once Nebraska played for Big 10 title), Big 12 never done that.

People were overreacted to the Texas loss in the Big 12 Champ game. Agreed. Everyone knows that.

Recruiting has taken a nose dive since joining the Big 10. Nebraska spent decades , decades in Texas mending, building recruiting ties. That was lost when we moved to this Acedemic Conference, if you choose to believe that ever had a true reason for leaving.....

Could the Big 12 ever happen........I think it could if the Big 10 continues to invite in schools like Rutgers and Maryland to join, just for the "East Coast money". The best thing for Nebraska would be if the Big 12 imploded, and that could happen, and Iowa St, KSU, and KU somehow joined the Big 10. Its already been said that KU has been offered in the past for the basketball, and its widely considered that if the Big 12 would ever crap on them in some way, they would bolt, along with KSU for the Big 10 as well.

If this would happen, you would see Iowa St go as well.

Imagine this:

Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa St, KU, KSU, Wisky, Illinois, NW, Notre Dame-West

OSU, Michigan, MSU, Indiana, Purdue, Penn ST, Maryland, Rutgers-Minnesota-East

That would enhance this league, and make Nebraska better. Of course with the current admin, and coaching staff, this wouldn't matter.

Notre Dame would make this all worth while.

Each team would have 8 conference games and 3 non-cons. USC, Florida St would still be able to play Notre Dame.

Nebraska could schedule OU and Mizzou along with a tune up beginner game.

Dreaming!

Since we're dreaming, I would have dreamt up a true merger between the Big8 and SWC where the traditional regular season ends with game between each other's champions. That way all traditional rivalries would be preserved instead of schismatically gutted for the Big12.

• Fire 1

I'd have more than a few drinks in celebration if Nebraska comes back to the Big 12. The sea of red that would descend on Ames was impressive during game day. Hickory Park restaurant dinner lines were even more out the door due to Nebraska fans. Went to school with a number of Nebraska residents who would cheer for Big Red over ISU which I initially thought was blasphemy.

Know it is a pipe dream for Nebraska coming back but it would be great day if it ever happened.