Youth movement and offensive woes

"The old wait til' he get's his guys argument"......

Forgive me if I'm still chuckling about that......

Maybe these guys aren't good enough? What then? Should Cav own that? He didn't recruit the guys....

Weird how the youngest of the bunch is the best of the bunch too. Totally weird. Who took ownership of the offensive line before Cavanaugh came? Does he still have any ownership? Or did he get to bail out and kind of scapegoat it on to someone else?

You and some of your buddies here like to act like Cavanaugh was handed a Mercedes and is driving it like a Volkswagon. In reality, this Volkswagon has looked better than it has in a long time at certain points of this season.

Might get better if we give it a little more time.......

Or let's fire all these guys and start over! Yay!

• Fire 1

Cav is an idiot not rotating.

http://www.scout.com/college/nebraska/story/1604252-cavanaugh-says-no-to-offensive-line-rotation

Hmmm.....shows what you know I guess.

I'm gonna assume Cav has the edge in knowledge of the situation.

Teams do not do an offensive line rotation, they just don't. Starting five should gel, have chemistry, and should be able to get the job done. They aren't. There is an obvious gap in the ability of the guys behind the starting five. I'd say that was pretty obvious when Gates got injured and we saw how it went for the guy that took his spot.

Cavanaugh says if they were good enough, they'd be playing.

Maybe we give Cavanaugh a bit of time to get some of his guys in here, or at the very least coach up some of the guys already on the roster before we go calling him an idiot. Sounds fair to me.

How the hell is anyone expecting miracles from this years offensive line after watching last years offensive line? If that was the best we had last season, then we could've assumed that maybe we were in trouble a little bit? No? Okay I guess not. I keep expecting logic and thinking to prevail. It's obviously a real struggle for some.

The old "wait till he gets his guys" argument. Wait till Riley gets his guys and we can be, well .500..... Awesome.

That small (and possibly inaccurate snippet) shows a line that has horrible technique, footwork, balance, etc, Cavs had these guys for what? 9 months? At what time does he take ownership of "these" guys? A rotation doesn't mean a whole new group every series. It means getting guys into the rotation to build depth, experience keep guys fresh and ironically build chemistry. You know with the WHOLE team, not just 4 or 5 other guys....

Maybe we should fire these guys, and then we can talk about how long it should take the next guys to "take ownership". It'll be like one giant expensive merry go round all while we f#*k Nebraska football into the dirt! Yay!

We are 3-5, dead last in pass defense, close to last in penalties per game. We lose to Iowa or MSU at home, and if memory serves me correct we will have the first losing season at home. We lost our first home opener since I can't remember when. I think this season so far is pretty much in the dirt. Maybe Riley pulls it out.

Instead of barbs back and forth all night, riddle me this. What in Riley's resume gives you the confidence/faith/belief he can turn NU into a dominant program? I just don't see him being the guy. He's nicer, maybe we lose by less with no blowouts (still have Iowa and MSU), but that's not why he was hired.

• Fire 1

http://www.scout.com/college/nebraska/story/1604252-cavanaugh-says-no-to-offensive-line-rotation

Teams do not do an offensive line rotation, they just don't. Starting five should gel, have chemistry, and should be able to get the job done. They aren't. There is an obvious gap in the ability of the guys behind the starting five. I'd say that was pretty obvious when Gates got injured and we saw how it went for the guy that took his spot.

Maybe we give Cavanaugh a bit of time to get some of his guys in here, or at the very least coach up some of the guys already on the roster before we go calling him an idiot. Sounds fair to me.

How the hell is anyone expecting miracles from this years offensive line after watching last years offensive line? If that was the best we had last season, then we could've assumed that maybe we were in trouble a little bit? No? Okay I guess not. I keep expecting logic and thinking to prevail. It's obviously a real struggle for some.

The old "wait till he gets his guys" argument. Wait till Riley gets his guys and we can be, well .500..... Awesome.

That small (and possibly inaccurate snippet) shows a line that has horrible technique, footwork, balance, etc, Cavs had these guys for what? 9 months? At what time does he take ownership of "these" guys? A rotation doesn't mean a whole new group every series. It means getting guys into the rotation to build depth, experience keep guys fresh and ironically build chemistry. You know with the WHOLE team, not just 4 or 5 other guys....

Maybe we should fire these guys, and then we can talk about how long it should take the next guys to "take ownership". It'll be like one giant expensive merry go round all while we f#*k Nebraska football into the dirt! Yay!

We are 3-5, dead last in pass defense, close to last in penalties per game. We lose to Iowa or MSU at home, and if memory serves me correct we will have the first losing season at home. We lost our first home opener since I can't remember when. I think this season so far is pretty much in the dirt. Maybe Riley pulls it out.

Instead of barbs back and forth all night, riddle me this. What in Riley's resume gives you the confidence/faith/belief he can turn NU into a dominant program? I just don't see him being the guy. He's nicer, maybe we lose by less with no blowouts (still have Iowa and MSU), but that's not why he was hired.

Nothing.

Nothing about his resume' says I should expect any better.

These aren't "barbs", this is reality and the world we live in. Ya'll act like we were some dream boat that Riley has ran ashore. I don't see it that way. It's really unfortunate that we haven't been able to be consistent enough to win these close games.

Sadly, the idiots are all the loudest right now and Riley and his football team have given them the ammunition because in all reality, wins and losses is all there is.......

I'm hopeful that with a clear plan, a strong recruting effort based on that plan, and a bit of effort from all involved, these 13 points go our way next year and we get to claim to be SO MUCH BETTER than everyone else again.

Nothing.

Nothing about his resume' says I should expect any better.

These aren't "barbs", this is reality and the world we live in. Ya'll act like we were some dream boat that Riley has ran ashore. I don't see it that way. It's really unfortunate that we haven't been able to be consistent enough to win these close games.

Sadly, the idiots are all the loudest right now and Riley and his football team have given them the ammunition because in all reality, wins and losses is all there is.......

I'm hopeful that with a clear plan, a strong recruting effort based on that plan, and a bit of effort from all involved, these 13 points go our way next year and we get to claim to be SO MUCH BETTER than everyone else again.

We were a train wreck prior to Riley. I agree.

I was surprised at Riley as a hire. Had to google to see who he was. Then got disappointed. Even more so after he started naming his staff. I still fed into the "but look at the recruits at OSU vs NU, look at NU's facilities, he did so much with so little and the staff has more years coaching than Moses" stuff. To date, I feel as though I were sold a bill of goods. I thought we would be 6-2 at this point. Loss to BYU or UM and Wisky (our B1G UT), but no one else until MSU. I really figured 9-3. The returning starters, incredibly weak schedule etc.... Plus 9 wins are easy,even caveman can do it. Then this season hit and the wheels have fallen off. Injuries galore, poor coaching decisions, penalties etc....

Disappointed probably sums it up the best. Didn't think 9 games into this season, we ,right be the worst team in the west. We are NU.

It's hard to watch Banderas, I'm starting to think he's never going to have that break out season people claim he will each off season

he hasnt been healthy.

I prefer to see healthy players on the field if the injury involves the lower body. Football players need speed. Maybe a DL can play with a cast on his hand, but a LB needs speed.

It's hard to watch Banderas, I'm starting to think he's never going to have that break out season people claim he will each off season

he hasnt been healthy.

I prefer to see healthy players on the field if the injury involves the lower body. Football players need speed. Maybe a DL can play with a cast on his hand, but a LB needs speed.

We all prefer healthy players, but we literally have no one else to play LB.

he hasnt been healthy.

I don't believe that there is no healthy player capable of playing LB. Burn a redshirt if necessary.

he hasnt been healthy.

I don't believe that there is no healthy player capable of playing LB. Burn a redshirt if necessary.
There is one LB'er redshirting and he had shoulder surgery. Bray has squeezed everything out of the LB'er situation as possible.

He was better when he was younger, smaller, and more flexible. The problem i see is he put on muscle but didnt get it stretched and lengthened. Hes too stiff now. It can be changed. Really needs to worry less about muscle.

Its gonna take an offseason to do however. Gonna have to lift less weight and really, really work on getting flexible again with stretches, yoga, etc. Then needs to work on his speed and quickness with drills.

Honestly, i see this across the board with everyone. Too stiff and not flexible enough. Really feel they need to work on this alot in the offseason.

Also, id bet a lot of money that his groin is still bugging him. But with injuries to others being worse hes trying to fight through it.

he hasnt been healthy.

Is Ferguson hurt?

he hasnt been healthy.

Is Ferguson hurt?

isnt he redshirting?

he hasnt been healthy.

Is Ferguson hurt?

isnt he redshirting?

Forgot about ferguson. He's been playing ST.

But a true reshman Mike or 2 true freshman LBs would be a recipe for disaster IMO. Maybe if Ferguson went through spring ball like young

he hasnt been healthy.

Is Ferguson hurt?

isnt he redshirting?

Forgot about ferguson. He's been playing ST.

But a true reshman Mike or 2 true freshman LBs would be a recipe for disaster IMO. Maybe if Ferguson went through spring ball like young

Coaches have been saying for 2-3 weeks that he's close to playing at LB.

Sounds fair to me, too.

But I would like to know when is this "coaching guys up" supposed to start. If I had any say in the matter, it would have started sometime before the Northwestern game.