Turman

For all of the attacks on Ryfe for playing a poor game, I just wonder why he was put in that position, and in turn put our D in that position.

I just go back to that game in '94 against KSU. What if TO had insisted on running his offense rather than grinding out a win?

And before someone says "this OL that" or "these RBs this", go back and look at the stats. Look at the game. NU was getting movement on the ground.

This staff either has too much ego or they aren't very smart.

When I look back at the OSU losses to D1AA teams and such, I see a similar pattern of "form over function." And that's concerning.

• Fire 1

1st drive: 4 carries for 10 yards

2nd: 5 for 9 yards (and not counting the fumbled snap that went for a big loss)

3rd: 2 for 24 (Newby's 22 yard run)

4th: no designated runs (Fyfe sacked and Fyfe 3 yard run which I think was a 3rd and long scramble)

5th: 1 for 4

6th: no runs (2 minute offense at end of half)

12 for 47, with almost half on one play. We were getting movement on the ground, but not a whole lot.

In the second half, the game was starting to get away from us as we couldn't stop Purdue, and were having success passing except when Fyfe tossed up interceptions.

I agree Riley and Lansdorf give up on the run too early, and should've built on that 3rd series success rather than abandon it. And with Fyfe, they should've been more committed to the run. But it wasn't like we went away from something that was clearly working. More typical to them, when it didn't go really well, they gave up on it.

We didn't have the pipeline and LP out there with Fyfe. Big difference.

• Fire 2

For all of the attacks on Ryfe for playing a poor game, I just wonder why he was put in that position, and in turn put our D in that position.

I just go back to that game in '94 against KSU. What if TO had insisted on running his offense rather than grinding out a win?

And before someone says "this OL that" or "these RBs this", go back and look at the stats. Look at the game. NU was getting movement on the ground.

This staff either has too much ego or they aren't very smart.

When I look back at the OSU losses to D1AA teams and such, I see a similar pattern of "form over function." And that's concerning.

This is what boggles me about a supposed "experienced" staff. They consistently ignore outside factors to the game. Weather, injured personnel, the strengths and weakness of opponents. You mold your game plan around these things to be successful don't you?

Sh#tty weather for the passing game? :dunno Throw it 40 times. First start for a walk-on QB who's passing ability you've questioned before? :dunno Throw it 50 times. Opponents are known to have good DT's? Run the ball right into them a couple times and say the run game doesn't work, better focus on passing. :dunno

Square peg, round hole? Sheesh this is more like trying to fit a bowling ball in your mouth.

• Fire 2

You said to look at stats, I posted the stats. We weren't running that well in the first half. We should've been, but we weren't. Like I said, we should've stuck with it longer though.

We ran a bit better in the second half, when we were mostly passing with an occasional run. Riley might claim that he was right, the pass set up the run. I'm with you that he put too much on an inexperienced QB. But it's not black and white clear.

1st drive: 4 carries for 10 yards

2nd: 5 for 9 yards (and not counting the fumbled snap that went for a big loss)

3rd: 2 for 24 (Newby's 22 yard run)

4th: no designated runs (Fyfe sacked and Fyfe 3 yard run which I think was a 3rd and long scramble)

5th: 1 for 4

6th: no runs (2 minute offense at end of half)

12 for 47, with almost half on one play. We were getting movement on the ground, but not a whole lot.

In the second half, the game was starting to get away from us as we couldn't stop Purdue, and were having success passing except when Fyfe tossed up interceptions.

I agree Riley and Lansdorf give up on the run too early, and should've built on that 3rd series success rather than abandon it. And with Fyfe, they should've been more committed to the run. But it wasn't like we went away from something that was clearly working. More typical to them, when it didn't go really well, they gave up on it.

We didn't have the pipeline and LP out there with Fyfe. Big difference.

Thanks for making a great point. That point? Riley's staff doesn't even understand football 101. Every, and I mean EVERY, person who understands football knows 3-4yd runs in the 1st half turn into 6-8yds in the 2nd half. Just basic common football sense. Riley and crew don't have that.

The way I saw it he threatened to quit the team because they were gonna move him from the 2 spot. Sounds like some local insider bs... messing with the coaching staff. I would've told him 'good luck to you' if that was actually the case.

A couple of us discussed in another thread a running game involving our duel-threat QB's Armstrong and if he got injured then AJ Bush taking over.That's the direction I would've taken about three games ago to try to salvage some kind of record and boost recruiting. But I don't know anything so whatever.

Langsahan needs to be more like that buddy you have that NEVER stops hitting on a girl until she finally gives in...as opposed to that buddy that tries one line, gets shot down and bails.

What about the buddy who sits in the corner and can never say anything to a girl, until one girl gets drunk enough to actually make out with that buddy and that buddy has to marry that girl?

Langsahan needs to be more like that buddy you have that NEVER stops hitting on a girl until she finally gives in...as opposed to that buddy that tries one line, gets shot down and bails.

What about the buddy who sits in the corner and can never say anything to a girl, until one girl gets drunk enough to actually make out with that buddy and that buddy has to marry that girl?

Ha!