Athlon: Nebraska Fans Don't Know their Own Strength

I read this article too and found it to be a bit of propaganda. Fans can react however they want. Being a passionate fan draws upon the emotions, and as the passion level increases, so does the emotional response.

The reality is that many fans passion is beginning to fade, and that will eventually show in the stadium. If NU wasn't playing two top 10 opponents this month, I would bet the stadium would be very dead, especially if NU was struggling against a team like Rutgers at home.

• Fire 2

xNebraska_fans_2015_0.jpg,qitok=Wd-_LFJU

As disappointing as this season has been, Cornhusker fans could
hold one of the keys to where the program goes from here
By Brandon Cavanaugh, Athlon Sports

<snip>

The recruit took a visit to a current top-25 school. "Wow, they can't even fill this place for a conference game,” the prospect said.

Another team in consideration was having difficulty putting butts in the seats, so they had to sweeten the pot for fans to show up. Finally, he was able to visit Nebraska. Word leaked that he was on his way (imagine that) and as a result, he gained 2,000 Twitter followers and his HUDL film was seen by 800 more people in 24 hours.

The social media impact was apparently the tip of the iceberg. Random fans approached the recruit and his family in restaurants and while walking around town welcoming him to Big Red country in a genuine manner. To quote the parent, “That did not happen anywhere else. People in [Nebraska] care about their team and recruits value that.”
LINK

Heh, I wonder who the recruit was (is)?

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads

Ya know, for all the complaining we do on here, for all the horror stories we imagine as a bottom dwelling has been team, for all the wishing wanting and hating our fans do.....we are still some of the best fans out there. I believe this to be true and it gets reaffirmed every time I step into Memorial Stadium.

• Fire 1