Ticket Prices see all time low

I can attest to the fact that prices are extremely low. I purchased season tickets off of a lady this season (my first time ever buying season tickets) at what I thought was a discount, and have gone to 3 games and planned to sell the other 4. I can tell you I sold my Southern Miss and Southern Alabama games for nearly 3 times the amount that I just got for my MSU tickets.

The Iowa tickets sold for the highest amount a couple weeks ago, and that tells me that Iowa fans will be invading Memorial Stadium. I would not be surprised to see 30% Iowa fans there, and predict it will be the highest opposition attendance at an NU game ever.

As for next season, these were not my tickets to begin with, but I imagine the person I bought them from, along with many other season ticket holders, will NOT renew donation fees remain high. Heck, they may have trouble selling season tickets with no donation amount.

This year, I could jump on a student Facebook page and get a ticket for this weekend's game for $15. Face value is $23.

I'm in Dental School at Ohio State. I can get a game ticket for this week for face value if I wanted it (Minnesota. I could sell mine for $300 for the MSU game. Plus upgrade price.

Season tickets were $49 when I was in school (87-92) $7 per game, 3 times as many students, 30 yard line lower south section of the east stadium.

Fill the place with students if need be.

Speaking from a student - the students don't want to go either. Mass exodus on the Facebook pages looking to sell their tickets. Will still be full, but there isn't the excitement you'd expect.

You want perspective - I had a friend who sold his Illinois ticket for $80 last year (mainly because it was Homecoming. I'd argue this weekend is as equal of significance - night game and top tier opponent). ILLINOIS. I had another friend who sold his Miami ticket for $50. (Worst decision he ever made.)

This year, I could jump on a student Facebook page and get a ticket for this weekend's game for $15. Face value is $23.

You could buy tickets around Memorial Stadium last year for the Illinois and Purdue games for $20 each, and probably less. Your "friend" overpaid at $80.

Stubhub tickets showing $40/ticket.

Season ticket holders unable to give their tickets away.

Discuss.

Ummm....tickets are $40 so they can't give them away?

Those two statements don't go together.

I'm guessing that was not a literal comment...kind of like they are selling for so little it's like giving them away. I had to lowball my MSU seats to get rid of them.

Season tickets were $49 when I was in school (87-92) $7 per game, 3 times as many students, 30 yard line lower south section of the east stadium.

Fill the place with students if need be.

Speaking from a student - the students don't want to go either. Mass exodus on the Facebook pages looking to sell their tickets. Will still be full, but there isn't the excitement you'd expect.

You want perspective - I had a friend who sold his Illinois ticket for $80 last year (mainly because it was Homecoming. I'd argue this weekend is as equal of significance - night game and top tier opponent). ILLINOIS. I had another friend who sold his Miami ticket for $50. (Worst decision he ever made.)

You could buy tickets around Memorial Stadium last year for the Illinois and Purdue games for $20 each, and probably less. Your "friend" overpaid at $80.

My friend sold. Some people are just idiots - I'm just saying, that wasn't out of the norm on the Facebook pages last year. This year, $15-20 is the norm.

Discuss.

1. Stubhub is seller listing prices. Put it this way, the first three games of this season were all over $100 for comparable tickets. tickets to the wisconsin game were selling for close to $200/per for comparable tickets.

2. My season tickets for sale have so far got the following offers: Free, $5 gift card to starbucks.

Discuss.

I'm guessing that was not a literal comment...kind of like they are selling for so little it's like giving them away. I had to lowball my MSU seats to get rid of them.

My point is, no reason to exaggerate. Tickets are being sold. They might be below face value which indicates a drop in interest in going. But, that is far from "can't give them away".

Student tickets are a bad example to look at. I have purchased single game tickets every year for the last 30 years and I have never even sought after student tickets. The program has done lots of things to make that whole transaction to bothersome to even worry about. There are always other avenues to buy tickets.

Almost every game I have gone to over the last 30 years there have been guys on the street corners with big stacks of tickets just trying to get face value. That is all the way up to kickoff and during some of the best years. So, should I say during those years..."Those guys can't even give them away"?

My point is, during these times people tend to exaggerate over and over again and then it becomes this false reality. No reason for that.

Discuss.

My point is, no reason to exaggerate. Tickets are being sold. They might be below face value which indicates a drop in interest in going. But, that is far from "can't give them away".

Student tickets are a bad example to look at. I have purchased single game tickets every year for the last 30 years and I have never even sought after student tickets. The program has done lots of things to make that whole transaction to bothersome to even worry about. There are always other avenues to buy tickets.

Almost every game I have gone to over the last 30 years there have been guys on the street corners with big stacks of tickets just trying to get face value. That is all the way up to kickoff and during some of the best years. So, should I say during those years..."Those guys can't even give them away"?

My point is, during these times people tend to exaggerate over and over again and then it becomes this false reality. No reason for that.

Good point. A better statement would have been "the only way to get rid of tickets is to give them away"...

Discuss.

Some may be exaggerating...in my situation, I can speak first hand that the price for what should be the biggest game of the year is going for 1/3 of what I got for Southern Miss and Southern Alabama. I probably lost $500 or $600 in buying season tickets this year.