Ticket Prices see all time low

Stubhub tickets showing $40/ticket.

Season ticket holders unable to give their tickets away.

Discuss.

Ummm....tickets are $40 so they can't give them away?

Those two statements don't go together.

I'm guessing that was not a literal comment...kind of like they are selling for so little it's like giving them away. I had to lowball my MSU seats to get rid of them.

My point is, no reason to exaggerate. Tickets are being sold. They might be below face value which indicates a drop in interest in going. But, that is far from "can't give them away".

Student tickets are a bad example to look at. I have purchased single game tickets every year for the last 30 years and I have never even sought after student tickets. The program has done lots of things to make that whole transaction to bothersome to even worry about. There are always other avenues to buy tickets.

Almost every game I have gone to over the last 30 years there have been guys on the street corners with big stacks of tickets just trying to get face value. That is all the way up to kickoff and during some of the best years. So, should I say during those years..."Those guys can't even give them away"?

My point is, during these times people tend to exaggerate over and over again and then it becomes this false reality. No reason for that.

Some may be exaggerating...in my situation, I can speak first hand that the price for what should be the biggest game of the year is going for 1/3 of what I got for Southern Miss and Southern Alabama. I probably lost $500 or $600 in buying season tickets this year.

That's not..."the only way to get rid of them is to give them away".

I used to be a ticket broker. Tickets sell based on the demand of an event. The low ticket prices for this weekend's game doesn't surprise me given of our record and performance thus far but it should be an alarm for the athletic administration. Does anyone think ticket holders just won't show up or will the stadium be more green than usual?

Stubhub tickets showing $40/ticket.

Season ticket holders unable to give their tickets away.

Discuss.

Ummm....tickets are $40 so they can't give them away?

Those two statements don't go together.

I'm guessing that was not a literal comment...kind of like they are selling for so little it's like giving them away. I had to lowball my MSU seats to get rid of them.

My point is, no reason to exaggerate. Tickets are being sold. They might be below face value which indicates a drop in interest in going. But, that is far from "can't give them away".

Student tickets are a bad example to look at. I have purchased single game tickets every year for the last 30 years and I have never even sought after student tickets. The program has done lots of things to make that whole transaction to bothersome to even worry about. There are always other avenues to buy tickets.

Almost every game I have gone to over the last 30 years there have been guys on the street corners with big stacks of tickets just trying to get face value. That is all the way up to kickoff and during some of the best years. So, should I say during those years..."Those guys can't even give them away"?

My point is, during these times people tend to exaggerate over and over again and then it becomes this false reality. No reason for that.

Some may be exaggerating...in my situation, I can speak first hand that the price for what should be the biggest game of the year is going for 1/3 of what I got for Southern Miss and Southern Alabama. I probably lost $500 or $600 in buying season tickets this year.

That's not..."the only way to get rid of them is to give them away".

I agree, and not sure if that was meant literally or not by whoever said it. I do think this thread brings up a good point that tickets are not selling well this year, and that will likely bleed into season ticket prices and sales next year.