Volkswagen and Nebraska Football

BIG ERN

This is just not good when everyone and their mother, including the AD is coming out and making statements about just how bad this is. He's 9 games into his tenure LOL

I don't follow, I think he was slamming BP for being a dick and a blight on the Nebraska athletic department. He then gives a shout out to give MR some time that is all. I bet Terry Pettit know quite a bit about what was and is going on in the AD department at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

It's very interesting that such a strong statement from a coaching legend, that actually coaches coaches how to coach. Is getting no play on this message board. This is a statement that most of us on Nuance's island have been saying for a while now.

Outstanding statement from a respected individual within the coaching profession.

• Fire 7

It's very interesting that such a strong statement from a coaching legend, that actually coaches coaches how to coach. Is getting no play on this message board. This is a statement that most of us on Nuance's island have been saying for a while now.

Regarding the bold - That's simply not true. It's getting plenty of play. Pointing out that Bo was a classless coach and a jackass is both easy and obvious. The problem is, whatever toxicity Bo did/didn't leave the returning players with has absolutely nothing to do with the failures of the current coaching staff to put together a solid season of transition football that isn't a complete embarrassment in and of itself.

Are there elements of both that are contributing to this season being an abject failure? Yes.

The argument you make is typical of the person who plays the World's Greatest Husker Fan card. I'm glad Bo got fired for being a classless a** clown. I'm good with that. But now that's over, that fact is history. It's Riley's job to turn around the toxicity and get a grip on the way that his two coordinators are making grave errors in not readying both sides of the ball for better game plans, week in and week out.

• Fire 4

Outstanding statement from a respected individual within the coaching profession.

The title of the thread doesn't exactly inspire opening it up- unless you already know what's inside. Headlines are tricky! :D

Pettit ignores that:

1. Bo did tell them they should work hard for their new coach (you can read the audio transcrip).

2. Osborne was happy with the direction of NU football under Bo and didn't think that he needed to be fired.

I honestly don't know why a long retired VB coach who lives in Colorado has a more valid opinion than a guy like Osborne.

I'm also interested to know what caused him to chime in now, and never before...