Nebraska AD invites Steve Spurrier to attend the MSU vs. NEB, he accepts.

Dansker

Before any rumors get out of hand regarding replacing Riley or "consulting" Riley/Eichorst, there is nothing going on. Eichorst and Spurrier are friends from their days at South Carolina. Eichorst invited him in for the weekend to be his guest and watch some football together. They may talk some football while Spurrier is here, but there isn't anything "suspicious" going on.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just from what I've heard that yes he will be at the game, he was invited by Eichorst and he may provide "input" regarding our football program. He's retired and won't be coming out of it any time soon, IMO but still really cool after all these years to have him as our guest.

Heck yes! I think it's awesome he's here to watch us play. He's never been in Memorial Stadium before and I hope the team puts on a good show for him. And I hope the fans rock the stadium hard for the entire game. :)

Who does this........seriously.......give me an example of when this has happened before?

Bobby Bowden maybe.

During a time of turmoil...really.....doubt it...anyway what pi$$ poor timing.

How effing weird. There's nothing wrong with him coming now or any other time that he wants to go to a Nebraska game. Being annoyed at the coach/A.D./Chancellor doesn't mean that every damn little thing they do is terrible.

I assumed you meant when did a big time coach from another program come to a Nebraska game before.

It's wrong for a boss to do this.....that's all. Beside the fact I never heard of another AD doing this anywhere.

Not good management.

Riley is going to be stewing the whole game, upset that his boss is on a date with another coach. He might be so distracted they accidentally rotate guys into the oline, and forget to rotate running backs. The players will notice and won't have their head in the game, it is going to be an avalanche of emotion, and not the good kind... the sad kind. I bet they cry.

If we lose I'm blaming Eichorst 100% for this. He seriously can't expect Riley to overcome such a burdensome distraction.

To be clear, lol@you

This cracked me up. rofl.gif

I think the reactions here are funny as hell. Nobody would've had a single nice thing to say about Spurrier if he were still coaching but now it's great that the ole ball coach is coming to Lincoln to watch our game. No self respecting Husker fan liked this guy 1 month ago but now it's awesome. Lol.

A month ago he was still the enemy but now that he is retired we can be friends. ;)

Who cares if he does some consulting while here. All programs do this to an extant during the offseason. Even T.O had other coaches come and give input and consult on things. I think it is pretty neat to have a coach like Spurrier come here to visit and watch a game.

This

Quick update, guys. I checked, and Nebraska has three games left in the season. No offseason, yet. :corndance

Would we be rude to ask Spurrier to go stand on the Spartan side of the field for at least a half? It always seems to bring out the best in the Huskers when they can look across and see him. :lol:

I would pay good money to see Spurrier throw the bones for the Huskers!

Seriously, I hope he has a good time and a great welcome.

Would we be rude to ask Spurrier to go stand on the Spartan side of the field for at least a half? It always seems to bring out the best in the Huskers when they can look across and see him. :lol:

I would pay good money to see Spurrier throw the bones for the Huskers!

Seriously, I hope he has a good time and a great welcome.

And he needs to throw his visor a few times!

Quick update, guys. I checked, and Nebraska has three games left in the season. No offseason, yet

:funnyhahah:laughpound:D:lol: You are just lording it over us because you have one of those little, foldy up thingies that goes in your wallet and has all that kinds of times and places information on it...one of those "secluding" whatcha callits.

I have one, but mine is poster size, and it takes too gosh darn long to pry it out of my billfold and unfold, plus it is incredibly difficult to get folded back up so it will fit...

...and it's left over from 2002... :hmmph