Nebraska AD invites Steve Spurrier to attend the MSU vs. NEB, he accepts.

Dansker

I'm gonna give Eichorst some credit for this. It's a big recruiting weekend, a lot of recruits taking in the atmosphere and campus. It can only help sell potential players to see TOBC taking in the game because it "is something he's always wanted to do". Spurrier has been to countless stadiums in the USA, but never Lincoln. He is a big time coach, that players recognize, and it will only help sell the uniqueness of NU football.

I think Eichorst invited his friend to a game, but also realized the cache it might have with visitors.

It's just too bad that a visiting, retired ball coach has more cache than the current Nebraska head coach.

• Fire 3

Eichorst was at South Carolina as an Assistant AD when Spurrier was hired there. They have a relationship. They are probably friends. Spurrier is probably in town to watch a football game. Nothing more than that.

Oh you! With your logical explanations, facts and making sense and stuff....you should know those things aren't allowed around here.

I'm gonna give Eichorst some credit for this. It's a big recruiting weekend, a lot of recruits taking in the atmosphere and campus. It can only help sell potential players to see TOBC taking in the game because it "is something he's always wanted to do". Spurrier has been to countless stadiums in the USA, but never Lincoln. He is a big time coach, that players recognize, and it will only help sell the uniqueness of NU football.

I think Eichorst invited his friend to a game, but also realized the cache it might have with visitors.

It's just too bad that a visiting, retired ball coach has more cache than the current Nebraska head coach.

+1 :thumbs

Lame statement. There's what 5 coaches currently coaching college teams that he doesn't have more cache than!

Of course there will be consulting going on, Spurrier is a great coach with a ton of knowledge, he and Shawn Eichorst are friends, and are attending a football game together. So yes, consulting will be talked about, they will talk football, it's what friends do at a football game. It can only help, so who cares.​

This is a neat deal, a legendary coach getting his first visit to Lincoln to catch a game. My hunch is Spurrier will thoroughly enjoy it, and we may get some good kuddos quotes about the atmosphere on Monday.

Although, I like the move, I think its a good thing Eichorst did, in the grand scheme of things given the current state of everything, very odd timing. So of course there will be speculation.

I think the reactions here are funny as hell. Nobody would've had a single nice thing to say about Spurrier if he were still coaching but now it's great that the ole ball coach is coming to Lincoln to watch our game. No self respecting Husker fan liked this guy 1 month ago but now it's awesome. Lol.

I think the reactions here are funny as hell. Nobody would've had a single nice thing to say about Spurrier if he were still coaching but now it's great that the ole ball coach is coming to Lincoln to watch our game. No self respecting Husker fan liked this guy 1 month ago but now it's awesome. Lol.

Not sure how you can't respect Steve Spurrier, sure I didn't like the guy in the 90s because his teams were competing with Nebraska's but he was harmless at South Carolina.

Not sure how you can't respect Steve Spurrier, sure I didn't like the guy in the 90s because his teams were competing with Nebraska's but he was harmless at South Carolina.

I didn't say I don't respect him but yeah, he's not my favorite guy either. Always kind of struck me as a whiner. He did get better while at SC. And I do think it's good for our program that he is visiting now that he's retired. But you gotta admit, ten years ago it would've been a totally different story on this board. All the nice comments just struck me as funny.

I didn't say I don't respect him but yeah, he's not my favorite guy either. Always kind of struck me as a whiner. He did get better while at SC. And I do think it's good for our program that he is visiting now that he's retired. But you gotta admit, ten years ago it would've been a totally different story on this board. All the nice comments just struck me as funny.

oh I agree with you, 10 years ago it is much different.