Nebraska AD invites Steve Spurrier to attend the MSU vs. NEB, he accepts.

Dansker

Who cares if he does some consulting while here. All programs do this to an extant during the offseason. Even T.O had other coaches come and give input and consult on things. I think it is pretty neat to have a coach like Spurrier come here to visit and watch a game.

This

Quick update, guys. I checked, and Nebraska has three games left in the season. No offseason, yet. :corndance
Lol. Smartass

Who does this........seriously.......give me an example of when this has happened before?

Bobby Bowden maybe.

During a time of turmoil...really.....doubt it...anyway what pi$$ poor timing.

Bobby Bowden was the guy that told TO how to add speed to his defense. He done it right after beating us in '93. He told TO and McBride to use LBs as DEs, safeties as LBs. TO implemented this and the rest is history.

Who does this........seriously.......give me an example of when this has happened before?

Bobby Bowden maybe.

During a time of turmoil...really.....doubt it...anyway what pi$$ poor timing.

Bobby Bowden was the guy that told TO how to add speed to his defense. He done it right after beating us in '93. He told TO and McBride to use LBs as DEs, safeties as LBs. TO implemented this and the rest is history.

I'm sure that was a mistake and bad timing too, right SFW?

Yeah, well.....TO gave input to Mike Riley about the importance of a running game......so we already know about Riley and the whole "taking advice" thing.