Overtime: Michigan St Post-game Overreactions

To say last night's game was the biggest accomplishment since 2001 is a stretch in my opinion.......but you have yours.

2010 Missouri is the only game that even comes close.

From a pure logistical point of view, we've not beaten any teams with anything close to the resume of or the public perception of this MSU team. 32-3 or whatever over the last three seasons against some salty competition, #6/7 in the nation, led by a bona fide NFL prospect quarterback, etc. No teams we have played and WON since Oklahoma 2001 have looked anything like that. Again, the closest is 2010 Missouri, but even if ranked one spot higher that team didn't have near the pedigree or respect nationally that this team did.

I wish we would have saved this upset for Iowa. Not sure we could do it twice in one season

I wish we would have saved this upset for Iowa. Not sure we could do it twice in one season

Iowa honestly doesn't scare me. This was the game I expected to lose going into the season. A probable 1st round QB with a great front seven. Iowa is good but I don't see the same matchup problem with them. I expect to win that game. Even before MSU I still kindof felt like we would get Iowa. Honestly IM more worried about Rutgers possibly catching us off guard coming off this big win. Plus that kick return guy of theirs is awesome and our kick coverage is pretty poor. He popped his 3rd return TD of the year this weekend against UM

What I want to know is, what did Vegas oddsmakers know that we didn't know?

Yeah, I thought the line was too low by several points. Even so, I still took Nebraska to win in my pickem' pool. :lol:

There is a reason Vegas consistently wins money. Those boys generally know what's up and they had Michigan St. pegged for what they are. Whether or not you agree with the post above analyzing Michigan St. On point differential And how they outgain their opponents, this is just the type of statistical analysis that makes them so accurate so often. They aren't perfect but they are damn good. Whenever you see a line like this one and it seems to good to be true it usually is a big sucker bet