Sipple puts the talent argument to bed

The talent arguement is valid in spots or by position. O-line is not talented, or at least doesn't have 2 deep talent. CB's are not talented enough for big time football. The only way that they have been used is for bend but don't break pass coverage in the past. Now they are being asked to man up, and can't do it.

Linebackers are thin, and quite frankly not very good. Some bright spots here and there, but no dominate player in that group.

Wr's are of more talent than most years, but not blow away/blow by talent. Possesion receivers are great, but don't bust a defense wide open.

QB' position is not deep, but Armstrong isn't killing the team with 4 or 5 turnovers every game. Even though that interception return by NW turned momentum in NW's favor.

Before the season started, the comments were," We should have enough or better talent than most in the west Division", I take that as a slap in the face comment. Do we have more talent than Iowa or Wisky right now? I don't think so. They have dominant line play on both sides of the ball. Thats where is starts. Just watch LSU and BAma tonight in spots and see the specimens on the lines.

In short, we don't have the talent to compete against very talented teams. We don't have depth, and we don't have speed.

This is Riley's first season, and been here since January last year. Spring practice and fall practice is his only time here to build up talent. Building talent on a roster takes longer than 8 months. You develop talent over a couple of seasons. That is why we redshirt.

Comparing the number of walk ons on a team in the 70s or 90s to our current team and saying it's a relevant comparison is idiotic. Players go where the scholarships are. The population of talented walk ons is much smaller now than it was 20 years ago.

The landscape hasn't changed that much in 15, 20 years, let alone since '08, when the "crack recruiter" callahan left Bo with a 2-deep that included 10+ walkons.

NU recruiting is the same and will remain the same barring cheating.

The key to success at Nebraska is figuring how to win with THIS level of talent, because THIS level of talent is on par with almost all of the team's NU has fielded.

Chasing recruiting championships is a pipedream.

• Fire 1

The talent arguement is valid in spots or by position. O-line is not talented, or at least doesn't have 2 deep talent. CB's are not talented enough for big time football. The only way that they have been used is for bend but don't break pass coverage in the past. Now they are being asked to man up, and can't do it.

Linebackers are thin, and quite frankly not very good. Some bright spots here and there, but no dominate player in that group.

Wr's are of more talent than most years, but not blow away/blow by talent. Possesion receivers are great, but don't bust a defense wide open.

QB' position is not deep, but Armstrong isn't killing the team with 4 or 5 turnovers every game. Even though that interception return by NW turned momentum in NW's favor.

Before the season started, the comments were," We should have enough or better talent than most in the west Division", I take that as a slap in the face comment. Do we have more talent than Iowa or Wisky right now? I don't think so. They have dominant line play on both sides of the ball. Thats where is starts. Just watch LSU and BAma tonight in spots and see the specimens on the lines.

In short, we don't have the talent to compete against very talented teams. We don't have depth, and we don't have speed.

This is Riley's first season, and been here since January last year. Spring practice and fall practice is his only time here to build up talent. Building talent on a roster takes longer than 8 months. You develop talent over a couple of seasons. That is why we redshirt.

Stopped at bolded because how would you even know?

Back during Miami week, Di Nardo made the claim that Miami was much closer to its championship form and Nebraska was no where close. So where does Sipple get this crap? I wouldn't believe or give credibility to anything that guy writes.

2011 2nd in Big (questionable due to drop outs and busts)

2012 4th in Big

2013 3rd in Big (questionable due to drop outs and busts)

2014 6th

2015 4th

Nebraska is currently in 5 or 6th place in the conference in recruiting. If this continues, we will be conference doormats forever. WE are a small state, we have to out recruit the oppositiion.

"Questionable"

Do you realize other teams have busts too?

NU had the third or fourth best attrition rate coming into this season. The 4th or so attrition adjusted talent ranking (neck and neck with MSU and the only team with a significant lead was Ohio St).

I'm so tired of the misinformation.

Go look at the classes, instead of just proffering your opinion. I know you hate facts but you can't alter them. The ratings are skewed because they do not back out the busts and transfers after they occur. Do your homework instead just offering up lame opinions about other schools.

Did anyone think Bubba was going to give up millions to play at Nebraska?

So many links have been posted that show (a) NU's initial classes were great, and (b) even in light of attrition and other "busts," NU's talent rankings remain in the top 1/3 of the B10 (and closely tied with all in that 1/3, except OSU).

I could keep posting those links, but what's the point? you're convinced and will never change your mind from the narrative you've adopted to justify the firing of yet another .700+ win coach at Nebraska.

If Pelini's so great why wasn't he hired by another FBS program? :hellloooo

Comparing the number of walk ons on a team in the 70s or 90s to our current team and saying it's a relevant comparison is idiotic. Players go where the scholarships are. The population of talented walk ons is much smaller now than it was 20 years ago.

The landscape hasn't changed that much in 15, 20 years, let alone since '08, when the "crack recruiter" callahan left Bo with a 2-deep that included 10+ walkons.

NU recruiting is the same and will remain the same barring cheating.

The key to success at Nebraska is figuring how to win with THIS level of talent, because THIS level of talent is on par with almost all of the team's NU has fielded.

Chasing recruiting championships is a pipedream.

It's changed a sh#t ton in 20 years. But not in 10 years.

• Fire 1

Back during Miami week, Di Nardo made the claim that Miami was much closer to its championship form and Nebraska was no where close. So where does Sipple get this crap? I wouldn't believe or give credibility to anything that guy writes.

2012 4th in Big

2014 6th

2015 4th

Nebraska is currently in 5 or 6th place in the conference in recruiting. If this continues, we will be conference doormats forever. WE are a small state, we have to out recruit the oppositiion.

"Questionable"

NU had the third or fourth best attrition rate coming into this season. The 4th or so attrition adjusted talent ranking (neck and neck with MSU and the only team with a significant lead was Ohio St).

Go look at the classes, instead of just proffering your opinion. I know you hate facts but you can't alter them. The ratings are skewed because they do not back out the busts and transfers after they occur. Do your homework instead just offering up lame opinions about other schools.

So many links have been posted that show (a) NU's initial classes were great, and (b) even in light of attrition and other "busts," NU's talent rankings remain in the top 1/3 of the B10 (and closely tied with all in that 1/3, except OSU).

I could keep posting those links, but what's the point? you're convinced and will never change your mind from the narrative you've adopted to justify the firing of yet another .700+ win coach at Nebraska.

Because (a) he wanted to return to Ohio, and (b) AD's tend to be gun shy little pencil pushers who lack vision and backbone. They tend to follow their fellow herd of lemmings.

If he was so bad, why would Tressel hire him and Osborne endorse him?

2012 4th in Big

2014 6th

2015 4th

"Questionable"

Because (a) he wanted to return to Ohio, and (b) AD's tend to be gun shy little pencil pushers who lack vision and backbone. They tend to follow their fellow herd of lemmings.

Nobody pays attention to Youngstown State. Without media, fans, or expectations maybe he'll do ok. It's certainly an easy job for him. I'd expect him to win his conference in year one, especially with Carl Pelini running his defense and a couple standout D1 transfers in Moss and Alexander.

• Fire 1

No one wanted Bo...why would they? Hothead that it hard to work with and doesn't win big games.

I assume that a few schools (Setting the O/U at 3.5) will come after and offer Riley at the end of the season. Seasoned coach, well respected, does more with less and beats bit time teams.

That is an interesting idea. There are currently 10 FBS HC open right now. Of those, which would legitimately consider Riley right now? Which would consider Bo?

2012 4th in Big

2014 6th

2015 4th

"Questionable"

Nobody pays attention to Youngstown State. Without media, fans, or expectations maybe he'll do ok. It's certainly an easy job for him. I'd expect him to win his conference in year one, especially with Carl Pelini running his defense and a couple standout D1 transfers in Moss and Alexander.

The Missouri Valley Conference isn't that easy to win. It has several teams that would destroy most FBS teams.

No one wanted Bo...why would they? Hothead that it hard to work with and doesn't win big games.

I assume that a few schools (Setting the O/U at 3.5) will come after and offer Riley at the end of the season. Seasoned coach, well respected, does more with less and beats bit time teams.

The best thing that could happen to Nebraska is if this completely insane scenario occurred and Riley left.

• Fire 2

The Missouri Valley Conference isn't that easy to win. It has several teams that would destroy most FBS teams.

Hyperbolize much?

There are 128 FBS teams. I'd say between Illinois State, North Dakota State, and South Dakota State they would be favored to win against at least 103 of those teams.

It's not hyperbole if it's true.