It's All Downhill from Here...

Bowfin

Imagine if this team wins out.....that means they go bowling, that means they would have beaten two top 10 teams (assuming Iowa wins out).

Chance to go 7-6 with a bowl W.

That would be quiet the saving to the season, and great momentum going into next year.

Right??

Imagine looking back on a 7-6 season, where 4 games were lost on the last play.

If we can beat Iowa and Rutgers, that is eminently possible.

my thought for worst case scenario with Riley's first year was 7 wins....if we can obtain 7 wins after this entire season, I would consider that successs. Hard to explain, but I would feel better about winning 7 games after this year, then my expectation 7 win season, where I figured we'd win the ones and lose some but in different fashions.

However, if some of you really don't like the Hawkeyes, then feel to disagree, but Dantonio really rubs me the wrong way. He reminds me of the old guy who always watches the kids to see if they step off the sidewalk on to his lawn or won't give the ball back if they hit it into his yard.

He's a pretty classy guy who is judged harshly on his looks, like bo ryan

I don't know what will happen with the staff but I agree that the defensive side of it needs to be fixed. Tonight showed we have talent, we have the players to beat anyone when we're healthy. Fans have got to realize that when your starters are hurt and you don't have a lot of depth, you're gonna have some rough games. We've had those but other teams have too and they've found ways to win. We have got to re-build our depth and fast.

However, if some of you really don't like the Hawkeyes, then feel to disagree, but Dantonio really rubs me the wrong way. He reminds me of the old guy who always watches the kids to see if they step off the sidewalk on to his lawn or won't give the ball back if they hit it into his yard.

He's a pretty classy guy who is judged harshly on his looks, like bo ryan

Yeah, like last year when he denied that anyone was simulating our snap count, when asked about it by reporters. That was super classy. Kind of Bellicheck-like.

F him

• Fire 2

I don't know what will happen with the staff but I agree that the defensive side of it needs to be fixed. Tonight showed we have talent, we have the players to beat anyone when we're healthy. Fans have got to realize that when your starters are hurt and you don't have a lot of depth, you're gonna have some rough games. We've had those but other teams have too and they've found ways to win. We have got to re-build our depth and fast.

When I talk about a lack of talent on the team, this is exactly what I am talking about.

Those other teams that found ways to win in spite of injuries, I'm guessing there 2 deep looks a lot better than ours. We do need to rebuild that depth. Once you have the depth you can maintain it and when that happens you start reloading instead of rebuilding.

...but in a good way, because beating both Rutgers and an undefeated Iowa with Ferentz can't top this win.

This is Nebraska's epic win of the year - huge. Last year's epic win for Northwestern was beating Notre Dame in South Bend. Regarding Iowa: they must be beaten, and it is the duty of Nebraska to stop them. Then it will be a real good Black Friday. Indiana almost did the job against Iowa, Nebraska can do it!!

Imagine if this team wins out.....that means they go bowling, that means they would have beaten two top 10 teams (assuming Iowa wins out).

Chance to go 7-6 with a bowl W.

That would be quiet the saving to the season, and great momentum going into next year.

Here's the thing with top ten lists: just because you rank ten, that doesn't mean all ten rank.

But, yes, winning out has always been a viable option.

Here's the thing, by definition they do. Just because some people have a notion that a top 10 is some badge of honor that only 6 or 7 teams are really worthy of doesn't mean your notion is correct.

well,

he may not be your favorite coach, but Dantonio and his players have been owning the loss, saying it was poor play, not a call(good or bad) that cost them the game...as well as many of their fans

Yes they did! I thought that was fairly classy considering the huge let down it was for them. He is a heck of a coach. We seem to always play Sparty pretty tough.

Indiana almost beat the Buckeyes as well. So all the comparisions to Indiana and how teams haven't put them away is ludicrous. Indiana probably has the best offense in the Big 10. Worst Defense as well.

Talent is 2 or 3 deep, when judging talent. Sure, we might have 11 on each side of the ball to compete most Saturdays, but we don't when we lose starters.

We should be favored to win the west div next season. Should be. Having those kind of expectations are a good thing. That should be the expectations yearly. Can this staff get it done? Can we recruit enough players this season to become difference makers next season?

All things are uncertain. Winning out, bowl game included, would however boost some confidence in my camp however. If we defeat two ranked teams period, that would infuse me with some belief in the future with Riley and Co. If we beat Rutgers and play Iowa tough and lose by a few points, I will scratch my head, but maybe lean to supporting situation going forward. IF we lose both our last two games, I think we need to replace both coordinators for sure. If we get a Top 20 recruiting class for next season, that will at least leave some hope for the future as well.