Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2017

I'm referring to fans who dismiss a guy who goes to Iowa or Minnesota or even the good fcs schools as not being worth an offer because no "powerhouse" came after them. And that dismissive attitude shows up a lot, including in this thread.

Is stating a fact that he has 1 P5 offer dismissive? (And that offer is at a different position than we were looking at him?)

I'm guessing everyone in this thread hopes Kittrell is fully recovered and has a great senior season. And if that happens he may well end up at NU come next fall.

• Fire 1

I'm referring to fans who dismiss a guy who goes to Iowa or Minnesota or even the good fcs schools as not being worth an offer because no "powerhouse" came after them. And that dismissive attitude shows up a lot, including in this thread.

Is stating a fact that he has 1 P5 offer dismissive? (And that offer is at a different position than we were looking at him?)

Yes. Yes it is.

When someone says "who cares if we don't recruit xyz player because he only has an offer from a 'lesser' school" that is exactly the dismissive attitude that demonstrates a lack of understanding around how real world recruiting works.

Probably 2/3 of the NE kids who played during the championship years wouldn't have been recruited by the "powerhouses" because they wouldn't have even been on those schools radars due to location.

Yes. Yes it is.

When someone says "who cares if we don't recruit xyz player because he only has an offer from a 'lesser' school" that is exactly the dismissive attitude that demonstrates a lack of understanding around how real world recruiting works.

Probably 2/3 of the NE kids who played during the championship years wouldn't have been recruited by the "powerhouses" because they wouldn't have even been on those schools radars due to location.

Probably true, but a lot of those guys walked on. Scott Shanle comes to mind. Recruiting has changed a lot since then with Hudl, camps, etc. Top programs will notice if you're legit in this day and age.

That's what the recruitniks want people to believe. But HS based relationships is still the #1 factor by far. And it's not close. College coaches rely on HS coaches to evaluate and pass information along. And that only happens through a relationship. and those relationships with NE high school coaches are not worth the effort for most powerhouse programs because they can spend their time within a 300 mile radius.

I hadn't seen that Strom had chose basketball until now:

https://twitter.com/michaelbruntz/status/759132677664415744

Had far better offers for football. Hmmmmm , maybe coaches and scouts telling him and Dad that he would be a tackle scared him off? Not enough spotlight for OT's I guess. Obviously pro sports don't interest the kid. I wish him well
Seem to be reaching unless you have insight to how the kid is thinking. Maybe he just likes basketball better.

I hadn't seen that Strom had chose basketball until now:

https://twitter.com/michaelbruntz/status/759132677664415744

Had far better offers for football. Hmmmmm , maybe coaches and scouts telling him and Dad that he would be a tackle scared him off? Not enough spotlight for OT's I guess. Obviously pro sports don't interest the kid. I wish him well
Seem to be reaching unless you have insight to how the kid is thinking. Maybe he just likes basketball better.
My son will graduate with him and I've coached him. Kinda know him. Always hoped they would realize that he could be a very successful tackle but he craves the spotlight which nobody can change. His life though just my 2 cents!