Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2017

I know the Strom may have NFL potential as an OT and will probably get offers from "bigger" schools in football, but I think playing college basketball would be a more enjoyable experience than playing college football. I know both sports require a lot of work, but college football looks like an absolute beating to prepare for 24/7/365.

I know the Strom may have NFL potential as an OT and will probably get offers from "bigger" schools in football, but I think playing college basketball would be a more enjoyable experience than playing college football. I know both sports require a lot of work, but college football looks like an absolute beating to prepare for 24/7/365.

NFL potential? That might be a little bit of a stretch.

NFL potential? That might be a little bit of a stretch.
Let's say NFL frame and leave it at that. 6'7" guys like him are a dime a dozen in basketball though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doesn't surprise me with Arnold committing to Wyoming. It has seemed he as waiting for us to offer but once he felt that offer wasn't coming, he was going to jump on board with Wyoming. I know Stofer (Kearney) and Walker (Lincoln) among other Nebraska kids visited Wyoming yesterday also. Not sure about Walker but I know Stofer is a strong possibility to Wyoming.

These are kids that we use to get to walk-on in the old days and star but as we all know the recruiting game has changed. Kids aren't "hidden" anymore and with Bohl at Wyoming, Nebraska kids definitely aren't going to be overlooked.

This was yet another strong year for lineman in-state but Nebraska can only take who they feel is the best. Bando is a Nebraska kid (even though playing at IMG this year) but I wonder back in the Osborne days if guys like Kittrel (Minnesota) and Arnold (Wyoming) among others were likely to be Huskers? I still think Gavin Rush (Aurora) who is starting at Wyoming as a true freshman would've been a really good Husker also but it is what it is I suppose.