Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

Elf, I get that we had better stats than Purdue in that game...but the fact that those are the things we are bringing up is a problem. It is Purdue! They probably got out gained in most of their games this year.

I bring up those things to show that we didn't get blown out. We got beaten yes, but it wasn't a blowout no matter how hard that dashes your hopes and dreams.

Like I said...When you have to bring up stats to defend a loss vs mighty Purdue...

No one is defending the loss. All I'm saying is you are wrong about it being a blowout. When you put words in my mouth it doesn't make you look smarter.

Bill Callahan left fewer and lower picks than he inherited.

To pretend he was a superior recruiter to his predecessor and successor is pure nonsense, born of a claim made by a hack recruitnik who was his childhood buddy.

I can't believe people are now pining for Callahan and think he should have gotten more time.

Time to quit while you can. You should think about moving onto a subject you know something about.

RADAR...the simple fact that there are some Husker fans that seem happy/thrilled or even okay with "non-blowout losses" is part of the problem!

Those fans don't exist. Again you're misinterpreting. Nobody is saying that, just like no one was saying it was okay to lose to a terrible Purdue team when you said that's what people were saying. Believe it or not it is possible to discuss this without thinking those things.

IMO losing to Purdue by even 1 point is bad enough without having to exaggerate and make crap up about how it was a blowout.

Saying it wasn't a blowout is simply trying to put lipstick on a pig, which also happens to be the worst program loss is 60 years. We were down at least 2 scores, the last 20 minutes of the game. At no point did we possess the ball with the chance to get it to a one score game during that period.

The fact is, Nebraska was out coached, and out played in that game, and it showed.

So, only the final score matters in some games, ones that you deem ??????? Hell, its hard to follow your thinking..

False. Nice strawman tho.

So the largest comeback in school history was actually a blowout "loss" to tOSU. Because that would be putting lipstick on a pig.

Obviously you didn't actually read what I posted, because if you had, you would realize how silly this reply is.

It really isn't any sillier than calling the Purdue loss a blowout.