Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

It's pretty obvious that the demise of Husker football coincides with Perlman's tenure (and decisions). Once Perlman is gone, we might be able to get things back on track. But there's no guarantee.

I think that's very open to interpretation. You could also blame Global Warming.

What effect did global warming have on the Steve Pederson hire?

Edited by NUance
This post from the Scott Frost thread is an excellent example of how threads go off topic. This one, and a couple before it that were only slightly less tangential.

It's pretty obvious that the demise of Husker football coincides with Perlman's tenure (and decisions). Once Perlman is gone, we might be able to get things back on track. But there's no guarantee.

I think that's very open to interpretation. You could also blame Global Warming.

What effect did global warming have on the Steve Pederson hire?

It warmed his seat

• Fire 2

Frankly, it's hard for me to comprehend how anyone other than a paid shill could possibly defend Perlman's actions and decisions in relation to the football program.

I don't think he intended to do the program harm. I just think he doesn't know how to evaluate the proper people for the program.

Hired Steve Pederson who hired Callahan

Hired Tom Osborne who hired Bo Pelini

Hired Shawn Eichorst who hired Mike Riley.

Seems to be a pattern

Or Osborne retiring...

Are there NU fans that are mad at Osborne retiring when he did? I am just curious.

Yes. Most of them hated Frank and Bo, but love/d Callahan V.1 and V.2.

Or Osborne retiring...

Are there NU fans that are mad at Osborne retiring when he did? I am just curious.

I would love to do some psychological studies on that group. Mind boggling.

I have a strong suspicion that on average, they never played football at a high level. I suspect they get their idea of "good coach" from football movies. They liked V.1 because he looked like Beau Bridges and could play himself in the made for TV Husker movie, and Riley is also a not a bad looking guy. Bo and Frank would never win any beauty contests. Therefore, Callahan and Riley are better coaches than Frank and Bo, wins be damned!

excuse me....but isn't this thread about scott frost and his future? Harv is gone very soon here and Frost is in Florida. i don't think either has any affect on the others future so why is there a thread derailment attempt happening (yet again) from the conspiracy theorists?

Everything was going in the right direction however GBRedneck forgot to mention in the above post that Scott Frost > Cally & Riley > Frank & Bo in the "beauty contest" which was the final tie-in to the future of Scott Frost.

Or Osborne retiring...

I can think of one.

And only one.

Bring it up with Radar. The rest of us are having an adult conversation.

excuse me....but isn't this thread about scott frost and his future? Harv is gone very soon here and Frost is in Florida. i don't think either has any affect on the others future so why is there a thread derailment attempt happening (yet again) from the conspiracy theorists?

Can I blame Harvey for the derailment?

I wouldn't call it a derailment, maybe it took a tangent turn.

But you can certainly blame Harv for it, by all means.

Or Osborne retiring...

I can think of one.

And only one.

Bring it up with Radar. The rest of us are having an adult conversation.

Even though I disagree with you and some others, I'll at least respect that y'all aren't trolling and will at least have a spirited conversation. And I respect that you're steadfast in your opinion even though I and others may disagree.

Good to see the peanut squad sh#t on another good thread.

I like how fans complained that the S&C department quit making testing numbers public and now that they are staring to do it again, it's nothing but a PR move by the AD.

TheSker, ColoradoHusk, Teachercd and GBRedneck. The new Polo and crew of HB. Turning every thread into sh#t since 2015

Can add in cm husker also. They sing the same tune in EVERY thread. Gets really old.

You do realize that the apologists do the same thing with:

1. "The players are crappy athletes"

2. "The players were malcontents who didn't buy in"

3. "Based on 1 and 2, Bo is responsible for a coach taking over a winning program and registering a losing season that included one of the worst losses in NU history."

It gets equally tiresome to read those posts, but I'm not going to stop pointing out the flaws in those arguments.

Deleted. Got a little too boozed up last night :lol:

Fify.

J/k