Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

But since I also demanded a team that was competitive in every game and looked worthy of ranked competition, I can't declare it a disaster. Just a very weird season.

I'm gonna say that both players and coaches have to get better next year.

Pretty sure they'd agree.

I'm looking forward to it.

Mike Riley has made a career of weird seasons. Beat a ranked team and lose to the Sacramento States and Purdues of the world.

Is that your hope for the future of Nebraska football?

Sure, Osborne teams did not fight back as well as Riley teams.

But why do you have to bash Tom Osborne? Especially this close to Christmas?

The point.

Try your best to catch it as it flies over

My post.

Read it again.

If I'm going to go to the trouble of playfully insulting you, the least you can do is pick up on it.

a 10 point loss is a blowout only if it fits your agenda

Letting the worst team in the B1G score 55 on you is not a blowout only if it fits your agenda.
How terrible the opponent is and how many points they scored have nothing whatsoever to do with the definition of a blowout. By your idiotic definition, we blew MSU out. They're a playoff team so beating them by 1 point would be a blowout if we follow this idiocy.

How do you reach that conclusion???

Use your brain. The post is saying that since it was Purdue, 10 points is a blowout. If we define a loss as a blowout based on how bad the team is then beating a terrible team by 21 is not a blowout and beating a great team by any amount of points is a blowout. This is why it's so stupid. The quality of the opponent is not relevant in whether the win/loss was a blowout.
The inverse of a logical statement is not always true. If you use your brain, you'd know that.

And I'm not going to argue for the other poster, but my impression is that he sees allowing 55 points to a team that had previously mustered 42 combined was a blowout, even if NU tacked on some meaningless points at the end to make the game appear closer than it was.

Again, NU was down 42-16 at the end of 3 and never got within a score of Purdue again.

If Purdue beating Nebraska by 10 points is a blowout because they're bad, than Michigan State beating us by 10 points is not a blowout. If Purdue beating us by 5 points is a blowout because they're bad, then MSU by 5 is not a blowout. If Purdue by 1 is a blowout because they're bad then MSU by 1 is not a blowout. I can literally do any comparison like this based on this terrible logic. It's irrelevant whether we do the "inverse" because we're just making up stupid rules.

• Fire 1

Purdue was not bad...Purdue was roadkill...they recruit at below a MAC level...they don't win games in conference and were up on NU by 17 with 30 seconds left.

Dude...let it go.

It's not like NU was gonna score with 28 ticks left...onside...recover...score again...onside...recover and score again to pull out the win.

Just let it go

There's no basis for thinking we'll get blown out in this game.

I think that UCLA will have no problem piling up points against NU's D. I think Rosen picks Banker's D apart. The only way NU keeps it close is if the offense keeps scoring with them, like NU did against Michigan State.
There's no basis for thinking we'll get blown out. Thinking we'll lose, yes.

Right. No basis whatsoever to think the Huskers will get blown out. Just like back in August when there was no basis whatsoever to think the Huskers would have a losing season.

How do you figure? We hadn't played a game yet with the new staff.

We haven't been blown out this year. We could get blown out by UCLA but nothing that has happened this season indicates that will happen.

The Miami game was a blowout for 3 quarters, and then they went brain dead, and let NU back in it.

Purdue was also a blowout, until NU put up some late points in the 4th quarter. It's a fallacy to say that NU wasn't blown out in any games this year.

Way to move things around to fit your agenda. Blowouts are determined by final score. Period. We have not been blowout this whole year. We have been competitive in every single game.

Purdue was not bad...Purdue was roadkill...they recruit at below a MAC level...they don't win games in conference and were up on NU by 17 with 30 seconds left.

Dude...let it go.

It's not like NU was gonna score with 28 ticks left...onside...recover...score again...onside...recover and score again to pull out the win.

Just let it go

Purdue is terrible. No one in this conversation is debating that. No one is saying it didn't suck @$$ that we lost to them.

• Fire 1

Dude...let it go.

Just let it go

Purdue is terrible. No one in this conversation is debating that. No one is saying it didn't suck @$$ that we lost to them.

Right? /fistbump

Dude...let it go.

Just let it go

There seems to be one person...

I think that UCLA will have no problem piling up points against NU's D. I think Rosen picks Banker's D apart. The only way NU keeps it close is if the offense keeps scoring with them, like NU did against Michigan State.

Right. No basis whatsoever to think the Huskers will get blown out. Just like back in August when there was no basis whatsoever to think the Huskers would have a losing season.

We haven't been blown out this year. We could get blown out by UCLA but nothing that has happened this season indicates that will happen.

The Miami game was a blowout for 3 quarters, and then they went brain dead, and let NU back in it.

Purdue was also a blowout, until NU put up some late points in the 4th quarter. It's a fallacy to say that NU wasn't blown out in any games this year.

Way to move things around to fit your agenda. Blowouts are determined by final score. Period. We have not been blowout this whole year. We have been competitive in every single game.

We were not competitive against Purdue. We were down 42-16 at the end of the 3rd quarter. If you don't want to call it a blowout becuase of the futile 4th quarter scoring flurry that got us within 10 with :30 on the clock, that's your prerogative. But you can't seriously think we were competitive in that game. smh.

55039027.jpg

If Bo was still coach, we'd have called it a blowout and started lighting torches in the 3rd quarter.

55039027.jpg

If Bo was still coach, we'd have called it a blowout and started lighting torches in the 3rd quarter.

Expectations for Bo: WIN GAMES (like it should be for every coach...especially at Nebraska...he failed)

Expectations for Riley: Don't get blown out

55039027.jpg

Expectations for Bo: WIN GAMES (like it should be for every coach...especially at Nebraska...he failed)

That would be called progress to a goal of winning championships, something Bo never was able to achieve. (stop getting blown out and championships) You have to stop the bleeding to start the healing. The first goal has been accomplished.

55039027.jpg

That would be called progress to a goal of winning championships, something Bo never was able to achieve. (stop getting blown out and championships) You have to stop the bleeding to start the healing. The first goal has been accomplished.

Yea, cuz 5 and 7 is closer than .01.