Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

So the largest comeback in school history was actually a blowout "loss" to tOSU. Because that would be putting lipstick on a pig.

Obviously you didn't actually read what I posted, because if you had, you would realize how silly this reply is.

It really isn't any sillier than calling the Purdue loss a blowout.

How about we just all settle on this - it was a blowout in the third quarter but the Huskers made it a close game at the end.

It's still a loss to a bad team the Huskers had no business losing, too.

There are far more important things to talk about then petty squabbling over what is and isn't a blowout.

So the largest comeback in school history was actually a blowout "loss" to tOSU. Because that would be putting lipstick on a pig.

Obviously you didn't actually read what I posted, because if you had, you would realize how silly this reply is.

How about we just all settle on this - it was a blowout in the third quarter but the Huskers made it a close game at the end.

There are far more important things to talk about then petty squabbling over what is and isn't a blowout.

Like your horrible grammar?

"losing, too" WTF?

"losing, too" WTF?

:violin Grammatically there's nothing wrong with it depending on what my intent is.

"losing, too" WTF?

:violin Grammatically there's nothing wrong with it depending on what my intent is.

Okay. I'm not a full-blown grammar nazi yet, I'm still just a grammar jugendbund.

• Fire 1

"losing, too" WTF?

I love these grammar puzzles and this one stumped me. How can it possibly be grammatically correct?

"losing, too" WTF?

I love these grammar puzzles and this one stumped me. How can it possibly be grammatically correct?

Well, it depends on what I'm trying to say. I'm either trying to say they had no busing "losing to" this team, or, my second sentence is a continuation or extension of my first thought. In that case, my intent would be, on top of everything else, they had no business "losing, too."

My intent was the latter though I can see how someone may think it was a grammar error.

"losing, too" WTF?

Well, it depends on what I'm trying to say. I'm either trying to say they had no busing "losing to" this team, or, my second sentence is a continuation or extension of my first thought. In that case, my intent would be, on top of everything else, they had no business "losing, too."

My intent was the latter though I can see how someone may think it was a grammar error.

Sorry, that still isn't grammatically correct.

"losing, too" WTF?

Okay. I'm not a full-blown grammar nazi yet, I'm still just a grammar jugendbund.

Hey, shouldn't Nazi be capitalized? Since we're devolving into the minutia of tangential arguments here? :lol:

"losing, too" WTF?

Sorry, that still isn't grammatically correct.

If either the "still" at the beginning or the "too" at the end were removed, it would sound okay.

The "It's still" suggests a reassertion of a previous claim will follow, but "too" suggests something new was just added.

With both of them in there it sounds hinky