Should Callahan wear NU shirts, pants, etc.???

Hey, Im posting on a Nebraska board and currently not wearing a single piece of nebraska memorabilia..... is that ok? Am i representing the school as well as I could? To the topic. I am certainly not upset with a comment like this being made for a few reasons. One is the manner in which Freeman decommited. Many have said that he is a child and I believe that that is the case for many 17 yr olds, so I wont hold him accountable there, but his father was ultimately the one who set up the visit, who controlled Freeman's recruitiment, and who should have been the one to call up Callahan himself and explain to him why Freeman was looking elsewhere, and why he ended up going to K-State. None of this was done, therefore I see this comment as being a shot at Mr. Freeman more so than Josh. Secondly, this is not national news... The only people who are even aware that these comments were made are people in the states of Nebraska and Kansas and possibly in some other big twelve states. It doesnt matter if Callahan was a saint, the coaches and players in teh big twelve are not going to give him the same kind of respect that they gave TO. We are getting more positive publicity this summer than we have had since 2001 honestly at the national level, so I am not concerned about a little comment that Callahan made to some local reporters.

P.S. I dont agree with alot of the actions that our President takes, and will be the first to tell you which, but there is a big difference. I don't get to pick what country I live in, and if I could it wouldn't be in this one at this point. If you dislike the coach and the administration, move to another team. That is a really stupid analogy that I am tired of you making.

See: KSU reaction to Callahan statement.

I think Bill Callahan should come to his next press conference dressed as herbie or lil red. that way we could finally put a gun in the mouth of this thread and pull the trigger.

Don't know who first said this, but its pretty good advice:

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience every time."

I can not believe that we have people bitching about how Callahan dresses. I guess this is a good indication that our program is on the way up if this is the biggest thing that people have to complain about. As for me, I don't really care what he wears. He isn't exactly wearing Oklahoma or KSU or sCUm tshirts so this doesn't really bother me. I am sure that if BC were to wear a suit everywear he went we would still having people complaining that he is showing off all of his money that he is making and that is not the Nebraska way. Some people need to just get over it.

I think Callahan should wear red and white plaid pants, a red shirt, red shoes and a red driving hat. That would be boss. :horns2

:horns

If the worst you can come up with is "he wasn't wearing a Nebraska shirt," then that is pretty pathetic. Think about comments like that for exactly one minute, then keep it to yourself. :thumbs

Our coach not wearing a husker shirt.This guy is pure evil.How dare he bring

his west coast offense to a running school.He ruined millions of lives.This coach should be fired right now!!!Former is right ,this coach should hold a press confrence and tell the whole Husker nation how he ruined 100 years of Husker

football by trying to be a balance football team.I think the world is going to end!! :sarcasm

I think Callahan should wear red and white plaid pants, a red shirt, red shoes and a red driving hat. That would be boss.  :horns2

:horns

If the worst you can come up with is "he wasn't wearing a Nebraska shirt," then that is pretty pathetic. Think about comments like that for exactly one minute, then keep it to yourself. :thumbs

Hmmm, silly me. I guess that I actually want the HC of my favorite program to represent the program when he is at an official function for that program :blink: I guess the original statement was "The players will see that Callahan is 100% devoted to them."

If this is true, cant he even wear a Husker shirt to a Husker press conference. :wtf

Bowl streak, walkons, not representing the Huskers in public......100% devoted <_<

I can not believe that we have people bitching about how Callahan dresses. I guess this is a good indication that our program is on the way up if this is the biggest thing that people have to complain about.

I can easily complain about the 24 PPG that billy slashs offense has given us since he got here. How about the lack of depth he has given us at OL/Safety in this his 3rd year at the program. How about the D giving up 40 points late in the year to a bad Kansas team. Special teams are specially troubling, especially with the loss of Koch. Can still complain about him forfeiting the Bowl Streak just to display his offense.

There are many more... shall I continue?

Well at least he does not claim to be the former coach as some former fans do. Who gives a rats ass what he wears.

Is he doing the job he was hired to do? He was not hired to satisfy certain fans, make Oklahoma fans love him. He is here to improve the record of Nebraska and bring quality players to the program. He seems comitted to that more so than what left. He has not been cited for DWI. To me he has turned out to be a tremendous improvement. Over a person I personally know and like. He is all about Nebraska and returning us to the level we were once at.

I have been watching Knight School. Have seen numerous times their coaches and Bobby Knight not wearing TT gear during the show.

This was a total recruting show and positive video for the program. Amazing he did not feel the need to wear TT gear every second. Maybe they have some former fans that will complain about that. Maybe our former fan can go there and complain about that.

I am almost to the point of ignoring the nay sayers. If all did it would quit and go away.