Things we were told when Riley was hired...

teachercd

Agreed, but they aren't here. Other than TO, what coach would have worked for you and your crowd, and when he came in a had same record you guys would be singing the same song. The 9 wins the last couple of years was fools gold. We should have been 7-6 last year or worse. AA saved the team on at least 2 games for sure.

Me and my crowd? You mean the people who listened to the AD throw shade at Iowa, talk about how he would hire the best coach possible, tell us money was no issue, and then go out and make a buddy hire?

There's quite a few names but since our AD and chancellor zeroed in on one guy, none of it matters

• Fire 4

Haters and dividers. Must be members of the BO-lievers crowd.

The defend Riley at all costs group is the cause of division right now, at least Bo's supporters could hang their hats on the wins. Riley supporters can only say "he isn't Bo".

I never thought that...but you are exactly right. The RiledUppers don't even really like Riley...they just like that he is not Bo. While the rest of us (the normal people) can look at a 30 year track record of being average and below average and see that maybe just maybe there might have been one better (maybe two) choices out there.

No, its not a bad thing. It props up the "9 win" crowd. Who on our roster right now in 2015 plays in the NFL next year? Any impact players? Nope!! It was the story of the BO Era. He had one or two guys that the whole team relied on and the others just watched.

Gerry, Valentine, Collins, Newby, MRI, etc....

You realize you're saying that no recruited impact players and relied on them, that's kinda what you're supposed to do. Bo didn't recruit depth, but to say he didn't recruit impact guys is just false

I'm guessing there were nearly as many points separating us from Wisconsin last year alone, than we had in all of this years losses combined. I hate to use an overused term, but it is indeed a process. Unfortunately, a big 'critical path' of that process is quarterback. Show a little patience (and support) Husker fans.

• Fire 1

This thread should be locked. It's the same ol sh#t, different day. Nothing going to sway either group's minds. It's just mindless arguing at this point...

But here is my reasoning:

Bo is gone. He isn't coming back. You can disagree with the hire all you want, but you have zero control over those decisions. I'm a husker fan and a husker supporter. I am skeptical of the Mike Riley hire, but any person in this position deserves time. No one was going to come into this program and during year zero, turn it it into a top 5 football team.

If 4 years from now, Mike Riley is still producing 6 loss seasons, he will be gone. And we can argue about why the next coach was a foolish hire.

• Fire 1

This thread should be locked. It's the same ol sh#t, different day. Nothing going to sway either group's minds. It's just mindless arguing at this point...

Bo is gone. He isn't coming back. You can disagree with the hire all you want, but you have zero control over those decisions. I'm a husker fan and a husker supporter. I am skeptical of the Mike Riley hire, but any person in this position deserves time. No one was going to come into this program and during year zero, turn it it into a top 5 football team.

If 4 years from now, Mike Riley is still producing 6 loss seasons, he will be gone. And we can argue about why the next coach was a foolish hire.

Agreed

Top 5?! How about just a winning season

After witnessing a full season, I think Riley will have success here if he gets the right QB. To be honest, I like the product on the field, and I think it's more of needing a few key players here and there, not a complete staff overhaul. I'd like to see a couple position coaches changed, that's all.

Really? Did you see the same fourth down plays I did in the 4th quarter of the Iowa game? Because no amount of position coach changes are going to fix THAT stupidity. You must have really drunk the koolaid to even think that.

It would be a nice thread to compile the questionable decisions in each game. After watching an entire season of MR's coaching team ... I can see the Huskers traditionally losing 2-3 games just off of bad decisions ... along with us being upset once like the Purdue game and then also pulling off an upset like the Michigan St. game.

At the point ... all I can say about Mike Riley after the year is ... MEOW ... and that is not what I wanted to say.

Why don't we take a look to see which things have come true, feel free to add things.

1. Recruiting will be so much better

2. We finally have an experienced staff (Experienced at being sorry coaches)

3. The players will get better during the season

4. No more blowouts

5. The staff will play to the players strengths (Nope)

6. We will cut way down on turnovers (Nope)

7. We will cut way down on penalties (Nope)

Some of those things are true...recruiting is way better, there were no blowouts

I did love the "I don't really care about wins/losses as long as their are no more blowouts" crowd!