21 interceptions on the year...

Saunders

Do people realize that Langs is actually considered a very good QB coach? To use Armstrong as an example to undermine that is a joke.

One of the hottest coaches that everyone is drooling over said he credits his QB coaching to what he learned from Langsdorf.

Who's that?

Tom Herman

Which is this second highest number in school history, second only to 2004 under Bill Callahan. BC had a 2* option QB (Dailey) to work with while this year, we had two 4* spread guys and a 3* pro style QB on the roster. Some of the problem lies with Tommy, but the development of the QB position this year has been lackluster from 2 QB gurus.

I don't have to read any further before I call horsesh#t. But I will read further (posts). All of them.

Come on man, don't rock the boat. You are using your words too carefully to point fault of INTs away from what happens on the field. You knew what we had last season behind center. By the time Miami game ended you knew things would not change for our QB no matter what. I mean, he is the one who chucks in the direction as he wishes.

One of the "selling points" for Riley was his development of quarterbacks. We heard Mannion's name more than twice. Then of course, we hear about Langsdorf and how he helped in the development of Eli Manning.

So you can "call" whatever you like.

So, like Tom Osborne and about ten zillion other people have TRIED to tell Riley and Langsdorf.....RUN THE BALL. Problem is, Riley and Langsdorf do not believe in a strong running game. I mean, did you read Langsdorf's comment about running on 4th & 1 (or even previously on 3rd & 1).

And Jano had no carries.

I would have ran Jano 15 times. 3-4 times a quarter. He was built for this type of game. But it didn't happen. :hmmph

Get over the selling points and whatever you want to cling to as a sale for the hire, or cast stones to get fired. Could have been 950 out of 1000 Husker fans in disarray when they announced it was Riley, then googled his history to confirm this was a shocker. Something out of left field. But is that you're only criticism week after week? What happens on the field is the result of players making plays or not making plays. I mean, you can lead a horse to drink water.....

But is that you're only criticism week after week? What happens on the field is the result of players making plays or not making plays. I mean, you can lead a horse to drink water.....

Actually, what has happened on the field is my criticism week after week. But it had a big element of predictability to it. You see, Mike Riley (like all coaches) has a resume.

As far as leading a horse to drink water, that horse drank 70% of the water it was given for 7 years......now it's suddenly down to 40%.

I'll let you explain that one. My explanation rhymes with Smiley.

You still have to have the players to run the offense. Tommy is a great athlete, but an avg. drop back passer & our OL is not even close to what we had in the past when Frazier was the QB. That is not on Riley, that is on Bo & Cotton. Our OL recruitung has been sub par for quite awhile. And we have no rush ends.

OL recruiting has been solid, if you believe in the sanctity of recruiting rankings. We just don't see those kids at all.

Tommy's situation is sad. He's an option quarterback and if we had developed and offensive line the last couple of years for him to run and option, he had a good chance of developing into a solid starter. Tommy was asked to change into a pro style quarterback. He did make some improvements, but he struggles making decisions on his progressions and finding an open man. I'm sure this has got extremely frustrating for him.

Langsdorf has put Tommy in some tough situations at times this year with his play calling, which hasn't helped. Riley needs to re assess Langsdorfs' qualification as O/C and let him know we need a running game as well and to quit F#@%*&G passing when you can run it.

Maybe putting Tommy at another position might help him, but I don't know if he would go for that.

You still have to have the players to run the offense. Tommy is a great athlete, but an avg. drop back passer & our OL is not even close to what we had in the past when Frazier was the QB. That is not on Riley, that is on Bo & Cotton. Our OL recruitung has been sub par for quite awhile. And we have no rush ends.

OL recruiting has been solid, if you believe in the sanctity of recruiting rankings. We just don't see those kids at all.

Over the last 5 years, we have had 4 4 star OL, Thurston is a SR. and 3 freshman Gates who starts, Tanner & Barnett (Reilly recruit) who are redshirting. That does not look solid to me.

• Fire 1

Over the last 5 years, we have had 4 4 star OL, Thurston is a SR. and 3 freshman Gates who starts, Tanner & Barnett (Reilly recruit) who are redshirting. That does not look solid to me.
Based on what service? Just going back to 2011 on rivals, there have been 8, not to mention a number of 3 star guys who had multiple offers from top 25 teams.

Thurston isn't a senior either.

Do people realize that Langs is actually considered a very good QB coach? To use Armstrong as an example to undermine that is a joke.

One of the hottest coaches that everyone is drooling over said he credits his QB coaching to what he learned from Langsdorf.

Who's that?

Tom Herman

Not exactly what he said.

OL recruiting has been solid, if you believe in the sanctity of recruiting rankings. We just don't see those kids at all.walk

Based on what service? Just going back to 2011 on rivals, there have been 8, not to mention a number of 3 star guys who had multiple offers from top 25 teams.

Rivals, 3 stars are a dime a dozen and are hit & miss. Funny that we start a freshman, a walk-on & a transfer, which does not stay too much for our past recruiting.

Which is this second highest number in school history, second only to 2004 under Bill Callahan. BC had a 2* option QB (Dailey) to work with while this year, we had two 4* spread guys and a 3* pro style QB on the roster. Some of the problem lies with Tommy, but the development of the QB position this year has been lackluster from 2 QB gurus.

I don't have to read any further before I call horsesh#t. But I will read further (posts). All of them.

Come on man, don't rock the boat. You are using your words too carefully to point fault of INTs away from what happens on the field. You knew what we had last season behind center. By the time Miami game ended you knew things would not change for our QB no matter what. I mean, he is the one who chucks it in the direction as he wishes.

Its why I said both were to blame, but let's face it, Tommy didn't improve, and it can be argued he regressed. That means Danny and Mike didn't craft the offense to Tommy's skill set properly and asked him to do things he wasn't good at, right?

OL recruiting has been solid, if you believe in the sanctity of recruiting rankings. We just don't see those kids at all.walk

Rivals, 3 stars are a dime a dozen and are hit & miss. Funny that we start a freshman, a walk-on & a transfer, which does not stay too much for our past recruiting.

Which is why I mentioned the offer lists. 4 and 5 star guys are plenty hit or miss too.

That freshman was highly recruited, including by Alabama. The walkon tradition at the OL spot doesn't need to be defended. NU has talent in the OL ranks. Few B10 coaches wouldn't trade their group for ours. Ours just has been underutilized.

Come on man, don't rock the boat. You are using your words too carefully to point fault of INTs away from what happens on the field. You knew what we had last season behind center. By the time Miami game ended you knew things would not change for our QB no matter what. I mean, he is the one who chucks it in the direction as he wishes.

Its why I said both were to blame, but let's face it, Tommy didn't improve, and it can be argued he regressed. That means Danny and Mike didn't craft the offense to Tommy's skill set properly and asked him to do things he wasn't good at, right?

I think they did early on, but our OL run blocking has not been very good & no backup QB backup up and I think they gave up!

In defense of TA, I decided to look back at Riley's qb's over the years. I found some info that was surprising and a little troubling

2003 - 24 int - Derek Anderson

2004 - 17 int - Derek Anderson

2005 - 19 int - Matt Moore

2006 - 7 int - Matt Moore

2007 - 21 int - Sean Canfield/Lyle Moevao

2008 - 15 int - Sean Canfield/Lyle Moevao

2009 - 7 int - Sean Canfield

2010 - 11 int - Ryan Katz

2011 - 19 int - Ryan Katz/Sean Mannion

2012 - 16 int - Sean Mannion/Cody Vaz

2013 - 16 int - Sean Mannion/ Cody Vaz

2014 - 8 int - Sean Mannion

Looking at this list, TA's int total should not surprising. These were all pro style qb's many of whom are in the NFL. I think we should get used to seeing double digit int's as long as Riley is coach. Especially with first year starters...

• Fire 2