Ryker Fyfe

huskers15

I freaking hate the whole "that pick wasn't the QB's fault BS. Novody keeps track of the receiver running the wrong route, they tally up how many times the QB throws the ball to the other team though regardless of why it got caught. Tommy has begun to excel at that.Ryker Fyfe is not even freaking close to the answer. He is barely the answer at being the back up. This thread is completely stupid.

Again, go back and watch the Purdue game.

Why? To see our defense suck? To see Fyfe STRUGGLE AGAINST FREAKING PURDUE???????

You are going to convince nobody. Drop it.

Seriously, where are these people coming from?

Obviously not convincing you. And to be perfectly frank I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm simply making a statement regarding my own opinion.

I freaking hate the whole "that pick wasn't the QB's fault BS. Novody keeps track of the receiver running the wrong route, they tally up how many times the QB throws the ball to the other team though regardless of why it got caught. Tommy has begun to excel at that.

Ryker Fyfe is not even freaking close to the answer. He is barely the answer at being the back up. This thread is completely stupid.

No one keeps track of the baller plays the Reilly and Westy have made on certain picks either.

It's a message board where we all have opinions. When you are contending for the national lead in INTs, it seems as appropriate of a topic as the 15 fire Riley threads.

It's funny how so few notice that.

I sooooo hope that a new stat gets recorded next year...

Real Ints

What other ones could we have?

I really don't care if Fyfe plays or not. That being said, if we're going to be critical of a kid that has no PT, I think it is ok to be fair.

I dont recall the exact situation but I believe one ball was money and was tipped to Purdue (Reilly Maybe) and I think the other was either a receiver that fell or a route communication.

I am with you. Not all those INTs were on Fyfe, despite what the record books say. I thought he showed promise for the amount of playing time he has had.

Of course, none of the INT's are on Langsdorf either. I am sure we can petition to get them added to Armstrong's total, since he was at home watching the game from his couch.

Nice third grade response.

Go back and watch the game teachervd. Lot of check downs, lot of throwing to one on one coverage etc. Yes he had some mishaps however, throwing him in there and game planning 55 passes....He really didn't look so bad.

I posted this in another thread. It's another strike against the coaches. With their poor run defense, have him throw about ~15 times against Purdue. Let him gain some confidence in live action to be a competent backup. Not sure what his confidence is like after the 4 ints. Yes our defense played very bad, but run the ball and keep our defense off the field.

He had 2 or 3 others that should have been intercepted also.

Armstrong threw away the Michigan State game, except the defensive back dropped it.

Armstrong threw away the Illinois game when the running back dropped it.

Armstrong threw away the Miami game when the defensive back didn't drop it.

Armstrong threw away the Iowa game when various defensive backs didn't drop it.

Ryker has a considerably better rating than Tommy, after his first and only start, under less than ideal conditions, and you couldn't blame him for all of those INT's.

He hit like 10 different receivers as well (unlike Tommy, he's seeing more than one guy).

It's time to throw the towel in on Tommy. Ryker has been around long enough, the team will get behind him as well, until POB can gain their respect.

• Fire 1

So I guess the last staff...and the current staff with a QB coach that made Eli Manning an MVP and RIley who has sent 3-4 QB's to the pros...all have missed on Fyfes talent

The current staff sure didn't do a good job of gauging Armstrong's talent and adjusting to it, now did they?

As for Eli Manning, my guess is that father Archie had more to do with two sons ending up in the NFL than the vaunted Oregon State quarterback factory.

• Fire 1