Nebraska Wide Receiver Brandon Reilly Leaves No Tip for Waiter Who Bashes the Cornhuskers Football Team

GSG

Here's a question:

Do you tip 20% on alcohol, particularly, say, a $500 of wine?

Or do you separate it from food and do a flat tip for wine (e.g., $10 to $20 tip per bottle) or per drink (e.g., $2 per drink).

No? Nobody?

I don't bother to try to remove the alcohol from the bill and then tip only on food. I would feel pretty low class about doing something like that. If you can afford the $500 bottle of wine you can afford the tip on it. Now granted, the most I've ever paid for a meal with alcohol was around $500 for two people so no $500 bottle of wine there. That said, I did have several expensive drinks and still tipped on them...

So that's what I do... anyone else?

Makes sense. I just feel like someone's tip should be somewhat tethered to the level of service. Seems that a single item that drives costs doesn't deserve more than the person serving an entire meal at a more modest restaurant. Then again, maybe the answer is to tip more at the modest restaurant, not less at the expensive one.

Another consideration is that at the "fancier" places, you tend to have more staff attending, and therefore more staff needing to be tipped out.

Here's a question:

Or do you separate it from food and do a flat tip for wine (e.g., $10 to $20 tip per bottle) or per drink (e.g., $2 per drink).

No? Nobody?

I don't partake of alcoholic beverages, so I have no need to separate those things.

Here's a question:

No? Nobody?

I don't partake of alcoholic beverages, so I have no need to separate those things.

tumblr_m7na7eGkwA1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

• Fire 3

Here's a question:

No? Nobody?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7na7eGkwA1rqfhi2o1_250.gif
Im not on the level of a Russian billionaire, but I did read a story in the last 10 years that the Russian that bought the Nets, he and some friends racked up $40k-$50k tab, mostly bottles of wine, and tipped the waiter the full 20%.