Until NU gets this fixed, we aren't going anywhere fast

:troll:

I'm just glad POB is an early enrollee. With the extra time on campus, it will be very interesting to see if he can push or unseat TA for the starting spot.

Will Riley go with his guy and the clear fit for his offense, or the senior with tons of experience and wins who is a terrible fit and turns the ball over far too often?

I'm just glad POB is an early enrollee. With the extra time on campus, it will be very interesting to see if he can push or unseat TA for the starting spot.

Will Riley go with his guy and the clear fit for his offense, or the senior with tons of experience and wins who is a terrible fit and turns the ball over far too often?

The anticipation of a quarterback coming in who is currently in high school. Not since Callahan V.1 has there been so much excitement about that.

The anticipation of a quarterback coming in who is currently in high school. Not since Callahan V.1 has there been so much excitement about that.

Agreed, Riley and Langsdorf have finally found a actual quarterback instead of these wannabee's that we have been playing. I m guessing he is even coachable.

Recruiting a quality Qb and ball hawking db's will fix most of our problems, its not a fumbling problem, its an interception problem. (and also a take away problem) I hope POB is the answer.

I agree that Nebraska needs to upgrade it's secondary. Perhaps with the bowl practices and off season they can improve however, I'm not willing to go all in on a true freshman. I think you have to redshirt him but I believe this is contingent on whether or not Tommy will work with Danny Langsdorf and Mike Riley during the off season to correct his mechanics. If he could simply improve his footwork, a lot of the interceptions he threw this year don't happen. This opportunity also gives the staff to really hammer home decision making in the pocket because a majority of his INT's came from poor decision making.

On offense, two of our recent quarterbacks....Armstrong and Martinez....each turned the ball over too much.

I'm not a fan of Riley's offense. 40+ pass attempts per game is going to lend itself to interceptions.....not to mention the frustrations of incompletions on 3rd and short.

On defense, the Riley pass defense is not going to get many interceptions, so better hope it can cause a fumble or two. Pelini pass defenses could usually be counted on for some interceptions.

I think Pelini had the right idea with Martinez at quarterback.....it's just a shame he was so turnover prone.

Is that really any worse than a run getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage on 3rd and short?

Yes

BS.

There are screams coming from virtually every direction.....fans and media......for Riley's offense to establish the running game, especially on short distance 3rd downs.

Why would you want to do the smart thing and run on 3rd or 4th and 1 when you can hurl a 30-40 yd fade route down the field instead?

I just watched Alabama convert a 4th and 2 with a roll out play action pass to the flats. Play calling wasn't the issue vs. Iowa. Tommy had Cethan Carter (TE) wide open on the play. Tommy's lack of vision and ability to check down prevented us from converting on that 4th down. He just made a terrible decision and everyone knows it.

• Fire 2

On offense, two of our recent quarterbacks....Armstrong and Martinez....each turned the ball over too much.

I'm not a fan of Riley's offense. 40+ pass attempts per game is going to lend itself to interceptions.....not to mention the frustrations of incompletions on 3rd and short.

On defense, the Riley pass defense is not going to get many interceptions, so better hope it can cause a fumble or two. Pelini pass defenses could usually be counted on for some interceptions.

I think Pelini had the right idea with Martinez at quarterback.....it's just a shame he was so turnover prone.

Is that really any worse than a run getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage on 3rd and short?

Yes

BS.

There are screams coming from virtually every direction.....fans and media......for Riley's offense to establish the running game, especially on short distance 3rd downs.

Why would you want to do the smart thing and run on 3rd or 4th and 1 when you can hurl a 30-40 yd fade route down the field instead?

I just watched Alabama convert a 4th and 2 with a roll out play action pass to the flats. Play calling wasn't the issue vs. Iowa. Tommy had Cethan Carter (TE) wide open on the play. Tommy's lack of vision and ability to check down prevented us from converting on that 4th down. He just made a terrible decision and everyone knows it.

A good offensive coordinator knows how to put an offense in position to succeed. I wonder if ANY play we needed a yard or two if Cross or Jano would have been a more viable option than ANY pass play?

• Fire 4

Yes

BS.

A good offensive coordinator knows how to put an offense in position to succeed. I wonder if ANY play we needed a yard or two if Cross or Jano would have been a more viable option than ANY pass play?

Its a valid argument and one can simply go back and watch the MSU game because both Cross and Janovich made clutch plays. The coaching staff knew early in the season what kind of player Janovich was but they didn't really know what kind of player Cross was yet. These guys could have provided the 1-2 punch we needed all year but the staff kept shuffling running backs in and out like it was a line change in ice hockey. Its tough to get a rhythm going when a player isn't allowed to stay in the game (Ozigbo.)

Yes

BS.

Not with the offensive line we had.

Yes

BS.

Wait, so you're saying playcalling wasn't a problem (we called a dropback with a fade and TE leak) and used an example of a rollout with a pass to the flat. What?

Yes

BS.

Not with the offensive line we had.

That's because the coaches prefer pass protection. Jerald Foster is our best run blocking O-lineman, and he didn't sniff the field.

• Fire 1

Yes

BS.

Wait, so you're saying playcalling wasn't a problem (we called a dropback with a fade and TE leak) and used an example of a rollout with a pass to the flat. What?

If you look at that play, Cethan Carter is open in the flat. The difference here is the Alabama QB saw his open man, ours did not. Because the play failed, most people blame the coaches right away. If Tommy dumps the ball off to Carter it goes for a big gain maybe even 6 points. Both plays were 4th and short for both Nebraska then and Alabama today, were they not?

Yes

BS.

If you look at that play, Cethan Carter is open in the flat. The difference here is the Alabama QB saw his open man, ours did not. Because the play failed, most people blame the coaches right away. If Tommy dumps the ball off to Carter it goes for a big gain maybe even 6 points. Both plays were 4th and short, were they not?

When you know your QB struggles reading progressions, put him in position to succeed. Give him rollouts with run pass options.You said the Bama play was a PA rollout. That's a designed play to give the QB fewer options. I would have been much happier with that type of call than a fade/leak combo.