Big Ten is blocking the Big 12's championship game effort

NUance

Adding another small program in TX makes absolutely zero sense for that conference. They don't gain any television sets and dilute the in state talent market even more than it already is for the traditional powers. They would be better off adding Memphis, Colorado St, BYU, Boise, Cincy or UCONN than Houston, SMU or Rice.

Exactly. Houston (or any other Texas team) does nothing for them at all.

Since the already have WVU on an island, may as well add a couple more islands and get BYU (who has a national following due to the religion thing) and then one of UCF/USF (for the Florida exposure). Or just take both UCF/USF if BYU won't meet their demands.

They should get pro active if they truly want to survive. Make a serious run at Arkansas and Mississippi State. It would show the country you want to survive. This wait and see approach is going to be the death of them.

lol. Give me 3 good reasons why Arkansas or Mississippi St would consider leaving the SEC?

They should get pro active if they truly want to survive. Make a serious run at Arkansas and Mississippi State. It would show the country you want to survive. This wait and see approach is going to be the death of them.

lol. Give me 3 good reasons why Arkansas or Mississippi St would consider leaving the SEC?

LSU

Alabama

Auburn

If you think Nebraska has bad feelings about Texass, multiply that by one million and you would get the level of disgust that Arkansas has for Texass

A championship game makes no sense in the round robin format they have. The champion is decided on the field already. Literally the focus of their promotions is that they have one true champion from this format. Adding a title game in a ten team conference would guarantee a rematch and take away from the "one true champion" if the same team didn't win both games. Just add some damn teams.

• Fire 1

A championship game makes no sense in the round robin format they have. The champion is decided on the field already. Literally the focus of their promotions is that they have one true champion from this format. Adding a title game in a ten team conference would guarantee a rematch and take away from the "one true champion" if the same team didn't win both games. Just add some damn teams.

If they successfully add a title game and continue doing the round robin format, they may as well change their logo to a white flag and let the rest od the power 5 rip them apart. I hope all the teams are already discussing exit strategies.

• Fire 1

I'm not even saying they would leave. I'm saying the Big 12 needs to do something constructive. They lost Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou and Texas A&M. Their response was to add WVU from a dying Big East and TCU from the Mountain West. That is friggin weak when you think about it.

Asking Miss St and Arkansas to join wouldn't be constructive. They would both laugh uncontrollably before hanging up the phone.

No one from a P5 conference is going to want to join that dysfunctional conference. Their options are limited to "the best of the rest" teams.

I'm not even saying they would leave. I'm saying the Big 12 needs to do something constructive. They lost Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou and Texas A&M. Their response was to add WVU from a dying Big East and TCU from the Mountain West. That is friggin weak when you think about it.

Asking Miss St and Arkansas to join wouldn't be constructive. They would both laugh uncontrollably before hanging up the phone.

No one from a P5 conference is going to want to join that dysfunctional conference. Their options are limited to "the best of the rest" teams.

Arkansas and MSU are historically in a really bad place to be. They have the resources, but the competition is too high. Right now, the Big 12 is ripe for the picking. One or both could make an immediate impact. Don't kid yourself, they would at the very least entertain the idea. I doubt the would ever go through with the move, but why the hell should a conference, that supposedly wants to survive, NOT put the offer out there?

Arkansas and MSU are historically in a really bad place to be. They have the resources, but the competition is too high. Right now, the Big 12 is ripe for the picking. One or both could make an immediate impact. Don't kid yourself, they would at the very least entertain the idea. I doubt the would ever go through with the move, but why the hell should a conference, that supposedly wants to survive, NOT put the offer out there?

They would not "entertain" the idea.

They each got $31M from the SEC this past year. The Big 12 schools each got $25M. But add 2 more teams to the Big 12 pie and they would be pulling $21M. So they have at least 10M reasons to stay in the SEC.

They each got $31M from the SEC this past year. The Big 12 schools each got $25M. But add 2 more teams to the Big 12 pie and they would be pulling $21M. So they have at least 10M reasons to stay in the SEC.

K, I'm not here to argue what two universities would or wouldn't do. My whole point was that the Big 12 needs to act like it is still a Power 5 conference, and the only way to do that is to expand. And adding a couple of mid majors is not in their best interest.

K, I'm not here to argue what two universities would or wouldn't do. My whole point was that the Big 12 needs to act like it is still a Power 5 conference, and the only way to do that is to expand. And adding a couple of mid majors is not in their best interest.

Adding mid majors might be in their best interests. This way the "stronger" teams of the conference get a few easy teams to beat up on while expanding market share into other areas and the possibility of getting more TV revenue.

Adding mid majors might be in their best interests. This way the "stronger" teams of the conference get a few easy teams to beat up on while expanding market share into other areas and the possibility of getting more TV revenue.

If they swing and miss on a couple of real additions they should definitely take a hard look at the best sleeping giant in the mid major conferences. Hell even landing one of each would speak volumes.

This sitting on their ass approach is just sad. And watch Oklahoma win the damn playoff and further their dillusion they are sitting pretty at 10.