Looking Back At The Last Coaching Hire

Saunders

So you believe Bret Bielema over Shawn Eichorst? Okay. Suit yourself.

And do you know what lying means? Him speaking about Riley during the season isn't lying. The guy is allowed to change his mind on things. Whether we agree it was a good move or not. It doesn't make it a lie.

I believe the multitide of sources that are saying it happened.

Look, you show me proof that he was offered and I will give you all my +1's for a year. :)

But if you can't, it's just hearsay and one word against another and doesn't make it a lie. It's just you believing someone more than someone else.

You don't have to see oxygen to know it exists. It's no more proof than all the media reporting that Les Miles was gonna get fired if he lost his last game this year. That's how this game works.

And do you know what lying means? Him speaking about Riley during the season isn't lying. The guy is allowed to change his mind on things. Whether we agree it was a good move or not. It doesn't make it a lie.

So...multiple message boards had it posted so it's true?

I trust a guy like Gil Brandt.

http://footballscoop.com/news/nebraskas-short-list-played/

Funny how they talked to BB's agent and then shortly after, he gets a pay raise and extension at Arkansas

Yeah, almost like he was offered a job at some place, and used it as leverage. But there's no PDF of the doc, so I guess it never happened...

• Fire 1

FootballScoop reported that a "multitude" of sources told them Eichorst approached Bielema first.

This was quickly followed by Perlman scoffing at that report in the quote I provided above.

People can choose to believe whatever they want, or whatever suits their worldview. There's a lot of turmoil and one-upsmanship going on between the Roussel brothers.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bret%20bielema%20nebraska

And "changing policy?"

Oh come on..... Even Tom Shatel called it for what it was.

The second link in that google search features Perlman laughing about the Bielema rumor, giving the best explanation of why we never contacted him about the job:

"To all you doubters. You don't hire a coach (Bielema) who just moved a year ago. If he came could you be confident he'd stay? YOLO"

I thought we put this Bielema thing to bed a long time ago. Now that's become "true" again because of a message board argument? Yikes.

What's next, "county scholarships" coming back for another go-round?

Funny how Harvey got the memo about hiring coaches who just moved a year ago, but missed the one on firing 9 win coaches.

Not to mention that Harvey is a lawyer, so it's easy to tell when he's lying. Just look for lip movement.

Funny how Harvey was smart enough to get rid of the guy who would have a meltdown on national TV anytime we played in a big game.

Funny how they talked to BB's agent and then shortly after, he gets a pay raise and extension at Arkansas

Yeah, almost like he was offered a job at some place, and used it as leverage. But there's no PDF of the doc, so I guess it never happened...

You can BELIEVE it happened. And I won't argue that with you. But you can't call Eichorst a liar for it if you can't prove it.

Look, you show me proof that he was offered and I will give you all my +1's for a year. :)

But if you can't, it's just hearsay and one word against another and doesn't make it a lie. It's just you believing someone more than someone else.

You don't have to see oxygen to know it exists. It's no more proof than all the media reporting that Les Miles was gonna get fired if he lost his last game this year. That's how this game works.

So who lied?

I don't believe that Bielema was "offered" the job. I think it was one of those lawyerly queries ala "IF we were to offer you the job would you be interested?"

I do believe Eichorst expressed interest in Bielema through the agent they both share.

• Fire 1

I don't believe that Bielema was "offered" the job. I think it was one of those lawyerly queries ala "IF we were to offer you the job would you be interested?"

I do believe Eichorst expressed interest in Bielema through the agent they both share.

Bingo. That's how it works, so both parties can use semantics to deny and refute any reports.

So who lied?

The lawyers.

Well...you can call anyone a liar...

SE better have talked to BB and JH and Saban and Petterson and Mora and PC...good lord...the fact that people think it would have been BAD if SE contacted and offered the job to other coaches is insane.

I hope he lied about "not offering" the job to about 25 other coaches before Riley. That is his job...find the best coaches

Bingo. That's how it works, so both parties can use semantics to deny and refute any reports.

Exactly.

A bunch of Bielema's assistants and staff told Lincoln Journal-Star reporters that they thought they were headed to Lincoln. That's a lot more credible - and less prone to semantics - than Harvey and ADSE saying he was never offered the job. Doesn't make either side a "lair", but one party has no reason to try to cover up what's really happening while the other side has a definite interest in plausible deniability.

Exactly.

A bunch of Bielema's assistants and staff told Lincoln Journal-Star reporters that they thought they were headed to Lincoln. That's a lot more credible - and less prone to semantics - than Harvey and ADSE saying he was never offered the job. Doesn't make either side a "lair", but one party has no reason to try to cover up what's really happening while the other side has a definite interest in plausible deniability.

I've got a cold, and I'm bored at work, so I'm slow, but this was what I was trying to say.