2016 NFL Draft

Mavric

Got a lot of lol's over that one. Still kinda bummed - selfishly, I think an RB like him does a lot for our team this past year.

I agree that I think he could have helped. But I don't think he would have been around this past year. The coaches wanted him to redshirt his first year here but he didn't want to. Unless he somehow had a change of heart, he would have run out of eligibility the same year as Abdullah. He was at TCU an extra year because he could use his "redshirt" year the year he had to sit as a transfer.

• 1 month later...

Got a lot of lol's over that one. Still kinda bummed - selfishly, I think an RB like him does a lot for our team this past year.

I agree that I think he could have helped. But I don't think he would have been around this past year. The coaches wanted him to redshirt his first year here but he didn't want to. Unless he somehow had a change of heart, he would have run out of eligibility the same year as Abdullah. He was at TCU an extra year because he could use his "redshirt" year the year he had to sit as a transfer.

So, in other words, he didn't want to redshirt here so he transferred which forced him to redshirt a year.

So, in other words, he didn't want to redshirt here so he transferred which forced him to redshirt a year.

Exactly. Though I suppose you could argue that he got to play more in his sophomore and junior years at TCU than he would have here.

All those decisions didn't happen at the same time. Our coaches wanted him to redshirt his first year year which he didn't want to do. So he got his wish there. And through the first eight games that year he got as many carries as Ameer. But Green only got three carries in the last five games while AA got 21. So then Green decided he wasn't getting the work he wanted and needed to transfer.

Falcons Apologize For Asking Combine Prospect If He Likes Men

“The Falcons coach, one of the coaches, was like, ‘So do you like men?’ It was like the first thing he asked me. It was weird. I was just like, ‘no.’ He was like, ‘if you’re going to come to Atlanta, sometimes that’s how it is around here, you’re going to have to get used to it.’ I guess he was joking but they just ask most of these questions to see how you’re going to react.”

• 4 weeks later...
Christian Hackenberg's honesty reveals hypocrisy of NFL draft process

Hackenberg's numbers dropped to 12 TDs and 15 picks as a sophomore, only to rebound to 16 TDs, six interceptions as a junior. He isn't viewed as a great prospect anymore and is unlikely to be taken in the first round, let alone at the top of it.

Now he's dealing with interview issues. According to Robert Klemko of MMQB, at least two front-office executives said "when asked to explain his declining sophomore and junior numbers … Hackenberg has shifted blame to Coach James Franklin."

That has, according to the personnel sources, been a turnoff.

"Despite the fact that it's probably true," one source told MMQB, "you don't want to hear a kid say that."

• 5 weeks later...