10 - 3

We could have easily gone 10-3 this year. But obstacles piled sky high.

Could also have easily finished 3-9. But, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle, as they say.

Do tell, how were we close to finishing 3-9?

I say we could have won 10 because there were 4 games we essentially lost at the last second.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Could also have easily finished 3-9. But, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle, as they say.

I say we could have won 10 because there were 4 games we essentially lost at the last second.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Southern Miss and Sparty. I say we could have easily lost 9 because there were 2 games that ended in victory but the outcome was still very much in the balance with 1 min to play. One of which, we benefitted from a terrible call.

Funny how it was the correct call...

It is reason for high optimism that last second losses included the powerful Illinois Fighting Illini and another U that canned their coach.

Yeah, losing to Bill Cubit sucked. I terim HC Bill Cubit.

Here is a crazy thought. Just once, post something from this season you enjoyed and thought was well done. Then don't type any snarky quip afterwards, just press post.

• Fire 2

It is reason for high optimism that last second losses included the powerful Illinois Fighting Illini and another U that canned their coach.

The Huskers were tied with the U at the end of regulation. Needed overtime. Either accept it, or not, but deal with it - because that is a fact, bud.

Illinois is not powerful. Nice jab against the team you supposedly root for (assuming Huskers). Illinois made a few plays in the last few minutes of the game and pulled out a win. It happened.

I'd rather have this season than one where the team fizzles out and limps through a bowl loss because apparently, playing the same team twice in a year is too boring. Now blowouts -- well, save for arguably Purdue, but it felt like half the entire team was missing for one reason or another that day. And they've redeemed themselves.

The best part about finishing 6-7 is they can't pretend to themselves that this was some great season. The concept of a "wake-up call" falls pretty empty when at the end of the day, you're pretty proud of 9-4.

• Fire 2

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Southern Miss and Sparty. I say we could have easily lost 9 because there were 2 games that ended in victory but the outcome was still very much in the balance with 1 min to play. One of which, we benefitted from a terrible call.

It was the correct call. Every expert that has viewed the play disagrees with you.

• Fire 3

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Not to be the negative guy, but he is not wrong.

NU was up 29-7 to start the 4th & gave up 21 points & seemed unable to stop the Southern Miss offense in the 4th Qtr. A 3rd & 19 converted by Armstrong to Riley for 41yds stopped the bleeding in the forth quarter from Southern Miss & let NU score their only 4th quarter points. SM got a onside kick. Freedom sacked the QB to end the game. It ended up being a nail bitter at the end.

MSU vs NU - Had the CB held on to a pass that Armstrong threw right to him. The game would have ended with another loss.

The bowl game would have never happened with another loss so that would have made them 3-9.

You can't just look at the bad breaks & not the good ones. The truth is this team is lucky to be a 6-7 team, as sad as that sounds. The bowl game was a gift. A gift that only 3 teams have ever recieved.

• Fire 3