Poll: Who Wins, '15 vs '14 Nebraska?

zoogs

Totally over thinking this crazy hypothetical buuuuuuut....

I go with 2015 team.

This years unit has a strong run defense compared to the 2014 squad, not that it would shut down Ameer. It would do enough. The 15 pass D vs the 14 pass O is a toss up, not sure who wins because of Tommy. Ill give 14 the edge with KB I guess.

I'm a little bit surprised by the poll results, but it's cool to see the optimism!

I actually feel the '14 team has a clear edge on paper. '15 NU is good at passing -- when they can get out their own way -- but '14 NU has both a more dangerous pass rush and a more capable secondary in tune with their schemes. Their achilles heel was stopping a potent ground game, but '15 was pretty hit and miss in that area. Arguably they found good success by year end (UCLA was also quite depleted up front). Meanwhile, I'm not sure it'd be possible to put the clamps on Ameer, and the '14 team probably finds a few back-breaking shots deep on Banker's secondary.

As for the coaching factor, it's possible that the '14 NU squad is a Cotton team with Beck unleashed. Open to interpretation, I suppose :lol:!

Then again, both teams are prone to self-destructing, and you can never count the '15 team out. I like their moxie. Good thing I can't actually enter a vote!

I'm a little bit surprised by the poll results, but it's cool to see the optimism!

Agree with this. For all the "this team lacks talent" arguments, I would have thought 2014 would have won in a landslide.

I think the '14 team would get a good jump in this game. If both teams play clean, the '14 team probably wins -- but the '15 team would be good for a crazy (near-?)comeback.