Poll: Who Wins, '15 vs '14 Nebraska?

zoogs

Limited to <= 1, because as QMany said - Pelini is going to defend the pass and dare Langsford to run...and I think he runs 75/25 split so TA's attempts (opportunities for mistakes) are greatly reduced. 15' wins if Pelini drops 6-7, and rushes only 4 w/ his "contain" DL scheme - which you know is how he would play it.

This is the thing with Pelini's D that bothered me, it was easily exploited because it was defended in such a lopsided way to one component of the game. It became glaringly obvious when the BTN did the interview w/ the Minnesota DC (IIRC), I think before our game, and he essentially spelled out how he was going to beat us with motioning a man out of the backfield then run up the middle and use short crossing routes across the middle all game. Sure enough, it was there all day.

Plus, lets not forget the jet sweep...a huge component of Riley's offense and essentially a guaranteed 10 yards against Pelini's D.

Yet somehow after all these "issues" you point out with Pelini.......he managed to win 70% of his games while Riley remains a .500 coach. I realize it's the "in thing" to bash Pelini, but it would help the cause if Riley would start winning.

He won the games he was supposed to win (Riley certainly didn't I'll give you that), but he often got blown out in the others. 14' versus 15' isn't a slam dunk game, which is why I'd take the 15' team. Almost every evenly matched game was a loss for Pelini. At least Riley has been able to step up and win some games against quality opponents.

2009 Iowa State, 2010 Texas, 2011 Northwestern, 2012 UCLA, 2013 Minnesota, 2013 Iowa, and 2014 Minnesota say hello. Losing to Virginia Tech two seasons in a row felt wrong, too, but I won't go so far as to claim that was a game the Corn were "supposed to win." I could see an argument for UCLA but that was Mora's first season.

Limited to <= 1, because as QMany said - Pelini is going to defend the pass and dare Langsford to run...and I think he runs 75/25 split so TA's attempts (opportunities for mistakes) are greatly reduced. 15' wins if Pelini drops 6-7, and rushes only 4 w/ his "contain" DL scheme - which you know is how he would play it.

This is the thing with Pelini's D that bothered me, it was easily exploited because it was defended in such a lopsided way to one component of the game. It became glaringly obvious when the BTN did the interview w/ the Minnesota DC (IIRC), I think before our game, and he essentially spelled out how he was going to beat us with motioning a man out of the backfield then run up the middle and use short crossing routes across the middle all game. Sure enough, it was there all day.

Plus, lets not forget the jet sweep...a huge component of Riley's offense and essentially a guaranteed 10 yards against Pelini's D.

Yet somehow after all these "issues" you point out with Pelini.......he managed to win 70% of his games while Riley remains a .500 coach. I realize it's the "in thing" to bash Pelini, but it would help the cause if Riley would start winning.

He won the games he was supposed to win (Riley certainly didn't I'll give you that), but he often got blown out in the others. 14' versus 15' isn't a slam dunk game, which is why I'd take the 15' team. Almost every evenly matched game was a loss for Pelini. At least Riley has been able to step up and win some games against quality opponents.

2009 Iowa State, 2010 Texas, 2011 Northwestern, 2012 UCLA, 2013 Minnesota, 2013 Iowa, and 2014 Minnesota say hello. Losing to Virginia Tech two seasons in a row felt wrong, too, but I won't go so far as to claim that was a game the Corn were "supposed to win." I could see an argument for UCLA but that was Mora's first season.

Bingo

I think it comes down to who gets up 14-0 first. 15 gets up first, I'd say the 14 team caves. 14 gets up, I think it is close and 14 wins. If it stays close throughout, I think it is a toss up. Both coaches haven't been incredibly stellar to say one year vs the other would make a huge impact. I think Bo's team would give up, though, if 15 gets an early lead.

I think it's quite a stretch to say that Bo outcoached Richt or Stoops. Those were both decent 8-5 teams with backup quarterbacks. We should have beaten both, and we did, barely.

The only good coach that I would say Bo outcoached was Mark Dantonio, and that's still kind of a tossup.

I think it's quite a stretch to say that Bo outcoached Richt or Stoops. Those were both decent 8-5 teams with backup quarterbacks. We should have beaten both, and we did, barely.

The only good coach that I would say Bo outcoached was Mark Dantonio, and that's still kind of a tossup.

I don't know who Pelini did or didn't outcoach, or who Riley did or didn't outcoach. I do know each coach's career record speaks for itself.

I don't know who Pelini did or didn't outcoach, or who Riley did or didn't outcoach. I do know each coach's career record speaks for itself.

Maybe, but they're not able to be compared side by side.

If they were candidates for the same job, not only could they be but they would be.

I am surprised, again, by people's delusions. It's as if you forgot the entire season. I'll remind you: we had a losing record, and was so bad, we were very close to achieving the worst record in most of our lifetimes.

Now somebody insert a Debbie Downer gif pronto.

You realize the OP was asking who would win if the teams played in a bowl, right? Just as there's no question this was a poor season overall, it's clear that the team largely played better football to end it.

Maybe, but they're not able to be compared side by side.

If they were candidates for the same job, not only could they be but they would be.

Just in case you weren't aware but coaches are looked at for more than just their records. Why is it that Frank Solich who was 58-19 was only able to get a job at lowly Ohio? Why is it that Bo's phone didn't ring this year for a head coaching job with as many vacancies as there was this year? Maybe because he went 5-6 and had a worse record than the coach he replaced

• Fire 1

Why is it that Bo's phone didn't ring this year for a head coaching job with as many vacancies as there was this year? Maybe because he went 5-6 and had a worse record than the coach he replaced

Literally the WORST argument you could possibly make after THIS season. But honestly, I don’t get why these arguments are brought up constantly. LOL HE DIDN’T GET A JOB HE SUCKS! I bet you are also one of the guys that says OSU HIRED BECK EVEN THOUGH HE SUCKS! ARE THEY STUPID!

But does anyone honestly believe that the 2015 defense stops AA and our passing offense from 2014? TA would look like a Heisman candidate out there.

I am surprised, again, by people's delusions. It's as if you forgot the entire season. I'll remind you: we had a losing record, and was so bad, we were very close to achieving the worst record in most of our lifetimes.

Now somebody insert a Debbie Downer gif pronto.

You realize the OP was asking who would win if the teams played in a bowl, right? Just as there's no question this was a poor season overall, it's clear that the team largely played better football to end it.

He clarified that later, but it still wouldnt have changed the result. 14 would have destroyed 15 (just by less). We matched up well with ucla (largely, a result of smaller defense players and an unexcited ucla team) and not much more. But if you think we could do that to our dl last year, you are crazy. Once that's out, we are left to our passing (and in case you forgot, TA is the one passing).

Oh, and before you say it, our 15 running game was not like Wisconsin in 14.