WR/S Nick Pickett [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 10 months later...

18 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

He was dressed on sideline not on the field.

did you think they gave him a full ride to sit in the bleachers? 

He played. Not only did he play, but he started. He was covering Hoppes in the 4th quarter on a ball Lee overthrew. Might not be playing the snaps that Graham is playing but he's playing as a true freshman...

Oregon’s Secondary Stepped Up. 

A big part of the Ducks victory was the play of the secondary. Starting two true freshman in Nick Pickett and Thomas Graham, the Oregon defensive backs intercepted four passes, including Ugo Amadi’s game sealing pick. Nebraska was able to gain 250+ yards through the air but the Ducks made multiple crucial break ups and put great pressure on the receivers leading to unforced drops. 

The secondary was not without flaws. They allowed Nebraska’s Stanley Morgan to walk into the endzone untouched on a miscommunication that sent both the cornerback and safety on a blitz with no one picking up Morgan.

http://scout.com/college/oregon/Article/Three-Thoughts-on-Oregons-42-35-Win-Over-Nebraska--107187550

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

He played. Not only did he play, but he started. He was covering Hoppes in the 4th quarter on a ball Lee overthrew. Might not be playing the snaps that Graham is playing but he's playing as a true freshman...

Pickett didn't start.

Having said all of this....

1) He didn't want to come to Nebraska, I can't even remember if he ever visited.

2) He did want to go to Oregon

3) I wish he came here, because to be honest, we could use some depth in the secondary after the last 2 classes.

4 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Pickett didn't start.

Having said all of this....

1) He didn't want to come to Nebraska, I can't even remember if he ever visited.

2) He did want to go to Oregon

3) I wish he came here, because to be honest, we could use some depth in the secondary after the last 2 classes.

lol are you seriously ignoring the quote I placed directly in front of you that the Oregon writer put out? Here it is again: 

Oregon’s Secondary Stepped Up. 

A big part of the Ducks victory was the play of the secondary. Starting two true freshman in Nick Pickett and Thomas Graham, the Oregon defensive backs intercepted four passes, including Ugo Amadi’s game sealing pick. Nebraska was able to gain 250+ yards through the air but the Ducks made multiple crucial break ups and put great pressure on the receivers leading to unforced drops. 

The secondary was not without flaws. They allowed Nebraska’s Stanley Morgan to walk into the endzone untouched on a miscommunication that sent both the cornerback and safety on a blitz with no one picking up Morgan.

http://scout.com/college/oregon/Article/Three-Thoughts-on-Oregons-42-35-Win-Over-Nebraska--107187550

How about this from an Oregon newspaper today?

A few of Taggart’s young starters came through Saturday, including true freshman Nick Pickett, who opened the game at safety with classmate Austin Faoliu at nose tackle. 

“I knew Pickett was going to play a big role when he stepped on campus this summer,” said sophomore linebacker Troy Dye, who led the Ducks with 11 tackles. “Austin was the same way. They came in with a good demeanor and attitude. They’re all ready to play, and we trusted them.” 

Pickett had three tackles and broke up a pass. 

“He’s another good player,” Taggart said. “It was great for Nick to go out and get his first start in an environment like that. Nick held his own. The sky is the limit. Each and every week all those guys are getting better.”

http://www.bendbulletin.com/sports/5586796-151/ducks-newcomers-make-their-presence-felt-on-defense

Have you ever been able to just admit you were wrong? You were wrong in saying he isn't very good. Doubling down and being wrong on him not starting the game on Saturday makes it even worse. How about we move along before you embarrass yourself even further...

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

lol are you seriously ignoring the quote I placed directly in front of you that the Oregon writer put out? Here it is again: 

How about this from an Oregon newspaper today?

Have you ever been able to just admit you were wrong? You were wrong in saying he isn't very good. Doubling down and being wrong on him not starting the game on Saturday makes it even worse. How about we move along before you embarrass yourself even further...

What part was a I wrong about?

So since he was on the field for a play that left a TE WIDE OPEN, he is good? LMAO. You must have kids that play or something. 

I was wrong that he PLAYED

1 minute ago, MattyIce said:

What part was a I wrong about?

So since he was on the field for a play that left a TE WIDE OPEN, he is good? LMAO. You must have kids that play or something. 

I was wrong that he PLAYED

Matty you're doing an amazing job with your refusal to acknowledge that you claimed he didn't start the last game. This whole thing started because someone quoted your original post where you stated you didn't think he was very good. Which is fine, you were entitled to an opinion on a player. 

Then you claimed he was dressed "on the sideline but not on the field". I then proved this claim incorrect because he not only played significant snaps in the game, but he STARTED. 

You now have ignored 2 different articles and a direct quote from the head coach of Oregon saying he started and played well on Saturday and are claiming that he saw the field for one play.

In case you want to actually read the evidence I'm posting for you, here it is again from Oregon head coach Willie Taggart: 

A few of Taggart’s young starters came through Saturday, including true freshman Nick Pickett, who opened the game at safety with classmate Austin Faoliu at nose tackle. 

Pickett had three tackles and broke up a pass. 

“He’s another good player,” Taggart said. “It was great for Nick to go out and get his first start in an environment like that. Nick held his own. The sky is the limit. Each and every week all those guys are getting better.”

http://www.bendbulletin.com/sports/5586796-151/ducks-newcomers-make-their-presence-felt-on-defense

Stop digging yourself a hole here and just accept the fact that you are wrong. 

• Plus1 8
On 9/6/2016 at 6:31 PM, MattyIce said:

I'm sorry, I like this kid, but he just isn't that good.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, MattyIce said:

He was dressed on sideline not on the field.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, MattyIce said:

Pickett didn't start.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, MattyIce said:

I thought he wasn't very good

• Plus1 9
3 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

I made it pretty clear, depth concerns in our secondary.

We have very few DB's in the past 2 cycles.

How long are you going to keep trying to ignore your multiple instances of being proven wrong? The more you keep trying to move past it the more people aren't going to let you.

• Plus1 5