Super Bowl 50 - Broncos vs. Panthers

Mavric

Some St Louis lawyer bought a Super Bowl ad to talk sh#t about the Rams' owner

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/st-louis-lawyer-buys-super-bowl-ad-to-tell-stan-kroenk-1757802066

There's also something about an ad from an Omaha clinic

I came here hoping someone would post the Omaha ad, sounds uh, interesting?

The one on Deadspin is edited. They cut out the clinic name because they thought it didn't deserve any free advertising. I'm curious to see the original version

What'd he do? I'm assuming it was much worse than glorifying alcohol and stumping the Budweiser brand. I'd be ticked if I were a dad with a 7-year old kid who idolized his favorite team's QB., watching that. The NFL has a lot of stupid rules, but prohibiting endorsement of alcohol products is not one of them. Not to get too serious for a moment; I still think Peyton's one of the best ever, but that lost some respect from me.

Oh good Lord.

He's 39 years old and after winning probably the most emotional game of his career, he simply said he was going to sit down and have a couple Bud Lights and think about if he wants to retire or come back.

If you're pissed at that.....well......you have some amazingly high standards.

If you are pissed that Peyton was being honest and said he's gonna have a few cold beers after a Super Bowl victory in probably his last game, then you are being too sensitive.

Bring back prohibition!!!

• Fire 2

I use to look forward to the Super Bowl commercials as many were very funny.....not any more. I think they sucked overall this year with the Prius commercial being the best of the bunch.

Those were some of the most bizarre commercials ever, starting with puppy/monkey/baby and ending with sheep singing a Queen song to sell a car. Mur'can mainstream culture has gone right down the shitter, it's scary.

The hip hoppy, metro-sexual halftime show was bleh, but I thought Lady Gaga knocked the Anthem out of the park--greats pipes on that gal. Beyonce has some massive glutes and thighs, prolly make a great rush DE, that gur gurl....

Wait...Manning talked about beer?

I think I know a few posters that will have something to say about this!

Gosh, why can't Manning be more like a guy like Len Dawson, who was actually smoking a cigarette at halftime of Super Bowl I.

LOL, the good ol days. Didn't Lombardi used to smoke on the sidelines?

Didn't one coach smoke a pipe?

Gosh, why can't Manning be more like a guy like Len Dawson, who was actually smoking a cigarette at halftime of Super Bowl I.

Yeah, Hank Stram, maybe. Tom Landry? I dunno.

I think it might have been Stram...

Could you imagine if Manning said "You know what, I am not sure about next year, I just know I want to go home and eat some gluten filled bread"

Could you imagine the uproar?

Or what if he mentioned wanting some peanuts...think of all the kids that have peanut allergies?

I think it might have been Stram...

Could you imagine if Manning said "You know what, I am not sure about next year, I just know I want to go home and eat some gluten filled bread"

Could you imagine the uproar?

Or what if he mentioned wanting some peanuts...think of all the kids that have peanut allergies?

LOL, doesn't Peyton also do Dominos Pizza ads, or something? I guess that's Papa John's.

He was plainly shilling for Budweiser, whether he was paid to or not.

What he said actually said was more like "I'm gonna have a lot of budweisers, Tracy, I promise you that" and "I'm going to have a lot of beers" the second, both times in listing his postgame priorities. It was weird and out of his way, not off the cuff.

I know I'm being a sourpus about this but considering the platform and the type of icon he is for children and teens -- and considering his reputation as I'd understood it to be -- I was floored and disappointed that he went the "Hell yea, kids. Alcohol!" route. Shrug.

And yes, he does Papa Johns. That was his first postgame embrace.

He was plainly shilling for Budweiser, whether he was paid to or not.

What he said actually said was more like "I'm gonna have a lot of budweisers, Tracy, I promise you that" and "I'm going to have a lot of beers" the second, both times in listing his postgame priorities. It was weird and out of his way, not off the cuff.

I know I'm being a sourpus about this but considering the platform and the type of icon he is for children and teens -- and considering his reputation as I'd understood it to be -- I was floored and disappointed that he went the "Hell yea, kids. Alcohol!" route. Shrug.

And yes, he does Papa Johns. That was his first postgame embrace.

I think he actually owns Budweiser distilleries. I heard that on the radio this morning