Super Bowl 50 - Broncos vs. Panthers

Mavric

Carolina got screwed on that challenge but you gotta hold onto the ball Cam

Ball moved, wasn't a catch.
It's not relevant whether the ball moved. This wasn't an out of bounds play. It was in the middle of the field. The only thing that matters is whether the ball touches the field sometime before the completion of the play. It didn't, therefore it was a catch.

The only reason it could have stood is they weren't certain whether it touched the ground or not.

• Fire 1

It's not relevant whether the ball moved. This wasn't an out of bounds play. It was in the middle of the field. The only thing that matters is whether the ball touches the field sometime before the completion of the play. It didn't, therefore it was a catch.

The only reason it could have stood is they weren't certain whether it touched the ground or not.

BTW, if you're going to the ground, you have to maintain control. Whether you're in bounds or out of bounds has no bearing.

What'd he do? I'm assuming it was much worse than glorifying alcohol and stumping the Budweiser brand. I'd be ticked if I were a dad with a 7-year old kid who idolized his favorite team's QB., watching that. The NFL has a lot of stupid rules, but prohibiting endorsement of alcohol products is not one of them. Not to get too serious for a moment; I still think Peyton's one of the best ever, but that lost some respect from me.

BTW, if you're going to the ground, you have to maintain control. Whether you're in bounds or out of bounds has no bearing.

Maintaining control when you're catching the ball in the middle of the field means keeping the ball from touching the ground. That is all there is to it. Therefore it's important to distinguish between in bounds and out of bounds catches. If you're falling/running out of bounds and juggle it, you are not maintaining control. If you're juggling it and still in bounds and the ball never touches the ground, you are maintaining control.

Rule wording: "If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

If a player is laying on his back and the ball falls down to him and he catches it, it's still a catch, even though he didn't even touch (or "control") the ball before he was on the ground. If there's an example of any other play where the player caught it within bounds and it did not hit the ground and they say he didn't control it, please enlighten me. I remember the infamous Calvin Johnson TD but it's a different argument because he slammed the ball to the turf.

Again, the reason this call stood is because they thought it touched the ground at some point - because that's the only way you can lose "control" while still in the field of play. (Unless of course you're not done completing the catch and decide to toss the ball to the referee or the sideline.)

• Fire 1

Maintaining control when you're catching the ball in the middle of the field means keeping the ball from touching the ground. That is all there is to it. Therefore it's important to distinguish between in bounds and out of bounds catches. If you're falling/running out of bounds and juggle it, you are not maintaining control. If you're juggling it and still in bounds and the ball never touches the ground, you are maintaining control.

Rule wording: "If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

If a player is laying on his back and the ball falls down to him and he catches it, it's still a catch, even though he didn't even touch (or "control") the ball before he was on the ground. If there's an example of any other play where the player caught it within bounds and it did not hit the ground and they say he didn't control it, please enlighten me. I remember the infamous Calvin Johnson TD but it's a different argument because he slammed the ball to the turf.

Again, the reason this call stood is because they thought it touched the ground at some point - because that's the only way you can lose "control" while still in the field of play. (Unless of course you're not done completing the catch and decide to toss the ball to the referee or the sideline.)

Gotcha. I read too fast - assumed "ball moved" implied it hit the ground.

Admittedly a Broncos fan but I said this before they announced the decision: If they had called it complete, they may have been able to overturn it. As they called it incomplete I don't think there was conclusive evidence that it didn't touch the ground/was controlled before it hit the ground. Because it definitely touched the ground.

9HwH9x.jpg

What'd he do? I'm assuming it was much worse than glorifying alcohol and stumping the Budweiser brand. I'd be ticked if I were a dad with a 7-year old kid who idolized his favorite team's QB., watching that. The NFL has a lot of stupid rules, but prohibiting endorsement of alcohol products is not one of them. Not to get too serious for a moment; I still think Peyton's one of the best ever, but that lost some respect from me.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14737633/transcript-cam-newton-postgame-comments-nfl?ex_cid=espnfb

There is a link to his answers, hr also wore a hoodie with the hood up the entire time, and walked out after that last answer

Oh good Lord.

He's 39 years old and after winning probably the most emotional game of his career, he simply said he was going to sit down and have a couple Bud Lights and think about if he wants to retire or come back.

If you're pissed at that.....well......you have some amazingly high standards.

• Fire 1