What level of "infractions" would you be okay with?

Is speeding cheating, since it's against the law?

Is murder cheating, since it's against the law?

Is paying recruits cheating, since it is against the rules?

What kind of moral relativism game are you trying play here?

Yes, some infractions are worse than others. Murder is worse than speeding, etc. But cheating is still cheating, whether or not you get caught. I guess I don't get any message that claims otherwise.

Yeah, you really aren't getting it.

It's not at all moral relativism, by the way.

Cheating is cheating and it's wrong. Trying to justify it because someone else is doing it (or for any other reason), IS moral relativism.

Even war has rules that most of the international community has agreed upon.

• Fire 1

Are people naive enough to think some of our players don't get taken care of by boosters once they get to campus? It happens here, it happens everywhere. No competitive advantage is gained doing that though.

NU hasn't been in the business of buying recruits recently, but that would certainly help us win. NU's done it in the past. Plenty of schools at the top do it now.

• Fire 1

I would be totally okay with most of them...if they didn't get caught!

How refreshing to know that someone with such high morals and scruples is teaching the youth of today. Please find another line of work.

So, is it okay for your students to cheat as long as they don't get caught?

Don't be all that surprised. This is coming from someone who has admitted to having sex with women without consent and treating it like a joke.

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick. You can't just drop this bomb and saunter away.

Are people naive enough to think some of our players don't get taken care of by boosters once they get to campus? It happens here, it happens everywhere. No competitive advantage is gained doing that though.

NU hasn't been in the business of buying recruits recently, but that would certainly help us win. NU's done it in the past. Plenty of schools at the top do it now.

I would like to see proof of that.

I can't remember any that NU has bought...but there have really only been a few that I have ever heard that have been bought...like the SMU team and that cat that started at Bama and ended up at Memphis but I can't remember his name...Oh...and the entire team in the movie Blue Chips...

Is speeding cheating, since it's against the law?

Is murder cheating, since it's against the law?

Is paying recruits cheating, since it is against the rules?

What kind of moral relativism game are you trying play here?

Yes, some infractions are worse than others. Murder is worse than speeding, etc. But cheating is still cheating, whether or not you get caught. I guess I don't get any message that claims otherwise.

Yeah, you really aren't getting it.

It's not at all moral relativism, by the way.

I don't think that word or phrase means what you think it means. That is exactly what moral relativism is. Thanks for playing though.

You're never going to get "proof" of something like that, hope not anyway, that wouldn't be good. These things aren't advertised.

I can't remember any that NU has bought...but there have really only been a few that I have ever heard that have been bought...like the SMU team and that cat that started at Bama and ended up at Memphis but I can't remember his name...Oh...and the entire team in the movie Blue Chips...

Cash changes hands in recruiting quite a bit, especially down south where you have to do it to compete with everybody else. The numbers aren't usually big like Cam Newton's recruitment, but it's enough to get in the ballgame.

Here's an interesting article from a couple years ago

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

You're never going to get "proof" of something like that, hope not anyway, that wouldn't be good. These things aren't advertised.

Cash changes hands in recruiting quite a bit, especially down south where you have to do it to compete with everybody else. The numbers aren't usually big like Cam Newton's recruitment, but it's enough to get in the ballgame.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Until I see proof, its just a baseless allegation.

Until I see proof, its just a baseless allegation.

I thought we were adults here. Believe what you need to believe to make college sports (Nebraska) palatable for you, it's just entertainment after all. No Nebraska player has ever taken money. (puts head back into sand)