*****Official College Football Thread - 2016 Edition*****

GSG

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, based off the two steaming pile of crap games going on, the SEC is way the f#*k overrated.

Nah, App St. is clearly underrated. And SCAR and Vandy should probably be in the top 10.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Because nothing says Top 10 quality like having a prissy slap fight on a football field (VandyCocks) or losing to a school that offers a major in Mountain Dew Engineering.

So that's where all the new Mountain Dew flavors come from.

Well, the New Flavor Engineering and Development Labs are a joint venture between Appalachian State and the Greater North Carolina Methamphetamine Design and Distribution Consortium. Guess they're getting their money's worth. :dunno

THE FIGHTIN' FRANKIES!!

Deadspin 25: Ohio Is All About That MACtion

Is The Coach A Dick?

When it comes to football coaches making poor alcohol decisions, we’ve been graced with a fairly long list, so much so that a coach getting a DUI, while newsworthy, likely isn’t going to be the most shocking item on any given day’s docket. However, Solich’s 2006 case may be second only to Bobby Petrino’s when it comes to twists. After getting popped with a DUI, Solich claimed he was drugged with GHB—a date rape drug—before a group of toxicology experts got together and determined the tests Solich had completed were faulty both in method and result. The DUI remained on Solich’s record and the judge hit him with a nice football burn.

While (Solich) now regrets that decision, such regret, by itself, does not entitle him to a replay. Fourth-and-goal decisions are difficult and sometimes regretted but usually final nonetheless.’

Frank Solich isn’t a dick, I think, but next time—he’s 71 now, so honestly, I hope there isn’t a next time at this point—maybe just take the L.

While (Solich) now regrets that decision, such regret, by itself, does not entitle him to a replay. Fourth-and-goal decisions are difficult and sometimes regretted but usually final nonetheless.’

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, based off the two steaming pile of crap games going on, the SEC is way the f#*k overrated.

Nah, App St. is clearly underrated. And SCAR and Vandy should probably be in the top 10.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

While Tennessee and their ranking is baseless hype, as it is every single year, I do believe that Appalachian State is underrated. They went 11-2 last year in the Sun Belt with a bowl win over Ohio, a win over Tennessee would not have been some unthinkable monumental upset like when they beat Michigan several years ago while they were still a lower division school.

I don't get the point they're trying to make by saying "Big game Bob."

If they have an 80% chance to win, then it's not a big game. They're supposed to roll them over. Losing a game they're supposed to win doesn't show that he's not "big game Bob." It shows that he's good at flopping in games he should win.