2016 NCAA Tournament

Mavric

After reading the article, I see why they did it, but still somewhat surprising given the ratings - leaving it on cable/TBS seems to be limiting its reach.

Down a ways from last year but pretty close to what it was two years ago.

Someone noted that last year was abnormally high. I'd guess having Duke playing vs. not is the major reason for that.

I guess I fail to see how now days something being shown on a cable channel is any different than being shown on one of the old three networks. That is, as long as it's not ESPN 5 with video technology from 1972.

It used to be that some people had cable and some people still received TV over the air. So, being on a cable network meant you were shutting out a portion of the population. Anymore, pretty much everyone who is going to be watching this has cable and gets this channel.

I guess I fail to see how now days something being shown on a cable channel is any different than being shown on one of the old three networks. That is, as long as it's not ESPN 5 with video technology from 1972.

It used to be that some people had cable and some people still received TV over the air. So, being on a cable network meant you were shutting out a portion of the population. Anymore, pretty much everyone who is going to be watching this has cable and gets this channel.

It used to be that some people had cable, then it became where everyone had cable, and now it's where a lot of people are getting rid of cable.

Probably more that don't have cable or a dish than you realize. For quite a few people in lower economic status, that monthly bill is quite a bite out of their food, medical, transportation money.

According to the article that GSG posted, approx. 116.4 million homes have CBS while 93.8 million have TBS. So it's about 20% less.