Star Wars: Rogue One

Once you let yourself get past Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen's awkward chemistry, the prequels are actually quite good. They get a bad rep because that's the popular opinion. There is a lot they added to the original trilogy.

So, if you can get past the poor execution of essentially the most important element of the entire prequels, then they're quite good. ;)

I'm just giving you a hard time. I see the point you're making, but it's one of the reasons I keep the prequels so low on my list. There are certainly a lot of bright spots, and the fact that the prequels are fun, that make them worth rewatching time and again.

Once you let yourself get past Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen's awkward chemistry, the prequels are actually quite good. They get a bad rep because that's the popular opinion. There is a lot they added to the original trilogy.

So, if you can get past the poor execution of essentially the most important element of the entire prequels, then they're quite good. ;)

I'm just giving you a hard time. I see the point you're making, but it's one of the reasons I keep the prequels so low on my list. There are certainly a lot of bright spots, and the fact that the prequels are fun, that make them worth rewatching time and again.

It's not that hard to do though. Just envision Darth Vader machine version. His mannerisms and dialogue are pretty similar to how Hayden portrayed the character. Granted, his robot acting skills were more of a lucky break than a technique of his.

It's not that hard to do though. Just envision Darth Vader machine version. His mannerisms and dialogue are pretty similar to how Hayden portrayed the character. Granted, his robot acting skills were more of a lucky break than a technique of his.

Haha that's probably true.

It's much harder for me to get beyond that, though. It's like saying to eat the spaghetti and just kind of ignore the fact that the sauce and/or meat sauce tastes like garbage. The sauce is what makes the spaghetti!

The hindsight revision of TFA and Rogue One is really funny.

Not saying this about anyone in particular, but when both came out so many people were blowing their load over how great they thought they were, some of the best star wars movies ever. Now it's the cool thing to think of them as big piles of meh

Not me. I think TFA is good, but R1 had a badass space battle, and that's about it.

Edit: Also, the editing in R1 is... rough, at best. Too many random jump cuts (especially on Scarif) in the first 10-15 minutes, and last few minutes on Scarif feels like it was thrown together at the very end (hint: it was).

• Fire 2

Episode 4 is iconic. The action sequences and the story still to this day holds up. The acting is top shelf. There are some glaring plot holes and clunky story transitions. If I'm being honest, its originality is the best thing about it.

Episode 5 is the strongest of the series as far as character development and pacing go. The story is so well written and executed. The acting is the most believable of the original 3. Even the cliffhangerish ending is satisfying. So good, and one of the most iconic twists ever.

Episode 6 is not great. The story is pretty good, but the execution is half ass. Too many cheesy elements thrown in to good scenes. Boba Fett dies via fart joke, Ewoks defeat the imperial army and Han Solo gets turned into a pansy ass. The action scenes are stellar though.

Hey, we don't know that Fett is dead. Some say he survived the sarlac...

Episode 4 is iconic. The action sequences and the story still to this day holds up. The acting is top shelf. There are some glaring plot holes and clunky story transitions. If I'm being honest, its originality is the best thing about it.

Episode 5 is the strongest of the series as far as character development and pacing go. The story is so well written and executed. The acting is the most believable of the original 3. Even the cliffhangerish ending is satisfying. So good, and one of the most iconic twists ever.

Episode 6 is not great. The story is pretty good, but the execution is half ass. Too many cheesy elements thrown in to good scenes. Boba Fett dies via fart joke, Ewoks defeat the imperial army and Han Solo gets turned into a pansy ass. The action scenes are stellar though.

Hey we don't know that Fett is died. Some say he survived the sarlac...

If you follow the comics/novels, yes he survived because of his armor. But once Disney acquired it, any Expanded Universe stuff is now non canon. So the last thing we saw of Fett was a belch from the anus of Tatooine.

Seriously, the revised version of ROTJ gives AotC a run for worst. Jedi Rock almost does it.

I'd be shocked if Disney actually killed off one of the most popular characters in Star Wars. If there's money to be made from Boba Fett, he'll have survived the Sarlacc.

With Han dead, there is little incentive to do a Fett return. I do envision "Slave II, a Star Wars Story".

I'd be shocked if Disney actually killed off one of the most popular characters in Star Wars. If there's money to be made from Boba Fett, he'll have survived the Sarlacc.

With Han dead, there is little incentive to do a Fett return. I do envision "Slave II, a Star Wars Story".
I don't know... you could get some interesting story lines about his family needing to pay a debt or something. Fett could switch sides, as I think he did in the comics. A man with no true allegiance can make some thrilling movies.

If you follow the comics/novels, yes he survived because of his armor. But once Disney acquired it, any Expanded Universe stuff is now non canon. So the last thing we saw of Fett was a belch from the anus of Tatooine.

Seriously, the revised version of ROTJ gives AotC a run for worst. Jedi Rock almost does it.

Luke/Vader duel in ROTJ & the battle of Endor is the best part of the entire series.

Hell, it's still the best space battle ever filmed.

• Fire 1

Luke/Vader duel in ROTJ & the battle of Endor is the best part of the entire series.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

The final duel is epic.

The battle of Endor is average. There are good parts, and there is a lot of crap. Teddy bears with stucks beating an armored army with guns and tanks.

The final duel is epic.

The battle of Endor is average. There are good parts, and there is a lot of crap. Teddy bears with stucks beating an armored army with guns and tanks.

Ummm . . . Vietnam War? The film was shot 10 - 15 years after the end of the war, and Spielberg came up with the screen play earlier than that