1. TFA

2. Empire

3. A New Hope

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Return of the Jedi

6. Phantom Menace

7. Clones

8. Rogue One

I tried to like Rogue One. It has strong points. The script and the point of the movie weren't among them, unfortunately. And that makes it hard to stack it up against anything. I think the fact that it's standalone hurts it for me. They could've probably made a really terrific trilogy out of Jyn Erso's story. But tastes vary! I adore TFA and it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I loved TFA but agree with knapp - how can you like it more than all the originals other than for warm nostalgia feels?

Anyhoo, here's mine, but it changes sometimes. I love the first 6 movies in the list.

Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back

(I would almost put the next 4 in a 4-way tie)

Rogue One

A New Hope

The Force Awakens

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

If you remove a couple Padme scenes from Revenge of the Sith that movie would move its way up.

When I first saw it I told my mom I cried twice during the movie. I then watched it with her a couple weeks later and she kept giving me sidelong glances every time Anakin and Padme were trying to act romantical. *eye roll*

The parts that made me cry were the moment when the Jedi were all being murdered (part of it was the great music), and when Obiwan says "You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you."

That was the only Star Wars movie that ever made me cry. Except when I saw the Youtube video of Darth Vader yelling "NOOOOOoooooOOOOO" in the new version of Return of the Jedi. I think it's been hard for Lucas to judge his own work ever since his head was swelled so much with adoration at the initial success of the movies. When you're that successful you think every idea you ever have is gold. I saw it with my favorite author too.

Rogue One shouldn't be compared with the Skywalker saga in general, but to put it below Episodes I and II is to majorly disrespect the craft of filmmaking.

Rogue One disrespects the craft of storytelling!

The originals were okay. TFA does it way, way better.

I think warm nostalgia feels is what gets the originals high on most people's lists. To be fair, they were clearly more groundbreaking for their time (especially technically) than TFA. Although I'm not too interested in comparing SFX. It's a plus, but movies can have groundbreaking production value and little else.

Rogue One shouldn't be compared with the Skywalker saga in general, but to put it below Episodes I and II is to majorly disrespect the craft of filmmaking.

I think warm nostalgia feels is what gets the originals high on most people's lists. To be fair, they were clearly more groundbreaking for their time (especially technically) than TFA. Although I'm not too interested in comparing SFX. It's a plus, but movies can have groundbreaking production value and little else.

To the bolded, like hell they are. "The originals were okay" is about all that needed to be said by the likes of you :P.

People who love the originals loved them when they came out and continued to love them. They have been my favorites (out of all movies) throughout my life and not because of nostalgia. There are dozens of movies that I loved as a child that I think are awful now. The Goonies and Star Wars and Indiana Jones are the only ones I can think of that I still love that stood the test of time.

To the bolded, like hell they are. "The originals were okay" is about all that needed to be said by the likes of you :P.

People who love the originals loved them when they came out and continued to love them. They have been my favorites (out of all movies) throughout my life and not because of nostalgia. There are dozens of movies that I loved as a child that I think are awful now. The Goonies and Star Wars and Indiana Jones are the only ones I can think of that I still love that stood the test of time.

You are now my favorite poster.

The originals were okay. TFA does it way, way better.I think warm nostalgia feels is what gets the originals high on most people's lists. To be fair, they were clearly more groundbreaking for their time (especially technically) than TFA. Although I'm not too interested in comparing SFX. It's a plus, but movies can have groundbreaking production value and little else.

Um, hello! Top Gun?
  • Fire 1

The originals were okay. TFA does it way, way better.I think warm nostalgia feels is what gets the originals high on most people's lists. To be fair, they were clearly more groundbreaking for their time (especially technically) than TFA. Although I'm not too interested in comparing SFX. It's a plus, but movies can have groundbreaking production value and little else.

Um, hello! Top Gun?

Haven't seen it.

It's funny how people get so offended over lists like the one I or Zoogs made as if it effects their lives or something lol

Who said they were offended?

I do, however, think you and zoogs are drinking from the same well water... and it's not good.